5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Lifted - 2020 RAM Limited w/Air Suspension

kgurtsak

Reaction score
I have been working to get this done for a while now and really happy with the outcome. I couldn't stand the 22" rims and low profile tires. Just a personal preference I know some like them.

I want to thank all those on these forums for helping me research and learn. The installer did blow out one of my rear airbags but replaced it. He said when they put it back together is wasn't seated correctly and caused a puncture or tear in the seam.

What to do next? :unsure::p

Lift Kit:

5IN RAM SUSPENSION LIFT KIT (19-21 RAM 1500 4WD | AIR RIDE)

Wheels:
XD XD829 Hoss 2 20x10 -24
FINISH
Satin Black Machined Dark Tint
XD82921050924N

Tires:
35 x 12.50 nitto ridge grappler

Before: Aero mode

Capture.JPG

After - In Aero Mode - All modes work.
Capture1.JPG

ExT

Reaction score
-24. My favorite Offset. Been looking for a set of 22x10 concave wheels at -24 or -25 to get my build started.
Could you please shoot some pics from both front and back to see how much the wheels stick out? Also, how does it drive compared to stock?
Thank in advance.

kgurtsak

Reaction score
-24. My favorite Offset. Been looking for a set of 22x10 concave wheels at -24 or -25 to get my build started.
Could you please shoot some pics from both front and back to see how much the wheels stick out? Also, how does it drive compared to stock?
Thank in advance.
I don't like the wheels sticking out much. To me this is perfect, just a little aggressive but not extreme.

The ride is as good as stock, if not a little better because of the larger tires it rides a bit smoother.

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

ExT

Reaction score
Beautiful. -44 always seems a bit extreme to me. -24, -25 would be perfect with a set of flare. Problem is most lift shops in the DFW area tried to talk me into dish wheels instead of concave, which I'm not really interested.

lawrencemb

Reaction score
I don't like the wheels sticking out much. To me this is perfect, just a little aggressive but not extreme.

The ride is as good as stock, if not a little better because of the larger tires it rides a bit smoother.

View attachment 100050
View attachment 100051
I have been working to get this done for a while now and really happy with the outcome. I couldn't stand the 22" rims and low profile tires. Just a personal preference I know some like them.

I want to thank all those on these forums for helping me research and learn. The installer did blow out one of my rear airbags but replaced it. He said when they put it back together is wasn't seated correctly and caused a puncture or tear in the seam.

Lift Kit:

Wheels:
FINISH
XD82921050924N

Tires:

View attachment 99979

View attachment 99980
I am thinking of lifting my 2021 Ram Limited also. when I spoke with Rough Country they said I wouldn't be able to run my factory 20" wheels that I would need to go aftermarket. after speaking with them for a bit they said I could probably get away with using 2" spacers to push the wheel out. Since you went aftermarket wheels do you think factory wheels with a 2" spacer would fit? What kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 35" tires?

kgurtsak

Reaction score
I am thinking of lifting my 2021 Ram Limited also. when I spoke with Rough Country they said I wouldn't be able to run my factory 20" wheels that I would need to go aftermarket. after speaking with them for a bit they said I could probably get away with using 2" spacers to push the wheel out. Since you went aftermarket wheels do you think factory wheels with a 2" spacer would fit? What kind of fuel mileage are you getting with the 35" tires?
I'm not sure why it would matter if the wheels are stock or not. I would ask why? I know the lift says 20" but doesn't say stock wont fit that I see. I would stay away from spacers, but again that is just me. I'm not sure as for mileage yet since I just got it but will report back. I am sure I am losing a mile or two since the tires are heavier. I expected that and okay with it.

aimlowrobin

Reaction score

Lift Kit:

Wheels:
FINISH
XD82921050924N

Tires:

View attachment 99979

View attachment 99980
Looks great. I had the BDS put on this week and same thing happened with a rear bag.

Nick57

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this lift. Can you measure how tall it is at aero mode and entry mode. My truck barely clears my garage at normal and will not fit with it in offroad mode. Have you tried to towing with it?

kgurtsak

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting this lift. Can you measure how tall it is at aero mode and entry mode. My truck barely clears my garage at normal and will not fit with it in offroad mode. Have you tried to towing with it?
If it's close now it wont fit. I am 6'3" and it's probably 8 or so inches taller than me. No I haven't towed anything but it drives fine and I would expect it to tow well.

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Sweet! That's quite a transformation - looks AWESOME! (y)

That's also my second favorite color on these trucks.

I like the 22" rims actually, but yeah the low-pro Goodyears are gone as soon as I start seeing wear bars. I'm thinking of leveling, some 35s on the 22"s, and hopefully find a grille like yours to swap out the hideous chrome horizontal slats on mine.

acevedo_vic

Reaction score
Great looking truck. I just completed my build with the same lift though I'm having trouble with my air suspension and traction control. Both have been disabled. I was wondering if you've had any issues after the installation and if so how was it corrected. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread