5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got the Ram Air

Nick57

Reaction score
So I finally got an installed that Ram Air on my truck. To my shock there is a noticeable difference in the responsiveness in the throttle. It also appears that I've gotten a small bump in fuel economy. I honestly only purchased it because I love the way they look and was hoping for slightly better fuel economy. If you're looking for a nice little upgrade I def recommend doing it. Small install tip, do not fully remove the rear engine cover. You only need to remove the 2 bolts and lift it up to replace the hose. I pulled mine all the way out and it was a royal pain to get it back in place. lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, congrats 👍

deepc6

Reaction score
I like the sound when the throttle is around 2500-3000 rpm.

Nick57

Reaction score

56 Pontiac Thanks for posting pictures. For some reason I neglected to even take pictures! lol​

utlong31

Reaction score
Where can I get one. I was thinking about a CAI but this looks really clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawmann8

Reaction score
So I finally got an installed that Ram Air on my truck. To my shock there is a noticeable difference in the responsiveness in the throttle. It also appears that I've gotten a small bump in fuel economy. I honestly only purchased it because I love the way they look and was hoping for slightly better fuel economy. If you're looking for a nice little upgrade I def recommend doing it. Small install tip, do not fully remove the rear engine cover. You only need to remove the 2 bolts and lift it up to replace the hose. I pulled mine all the way out and it was a royal pain to get it back in place. lol
I installed a RAM Air Intake also and noticed the improved throttle response and increase in MPG. I’m actually getting 21-23 MPG on the hit cruising at 70MPH.

lawmann8

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi 4x4 with factory air suspension.

Attachments

• C9F7E771-4BAB-400E-B369-76F5585F6BDE.jpeg
    C9F7E771-4BAB-400E-B369-76F5585F6BDE.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 136

Fast6.3

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the vararam but this looks much cleaner.

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
I got a used one for my truck from eBay. When you installed yours what type of retainers hold the front panel to the radiator support? There are square holes in the support

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got a used one for my truck from eBay. When you installed yours what type of retainers hold the front panel to the radiator support? There are square holes in the support
The same push pins that are used for the stock radiator cover panel. You have to re-use them. I bought a flat trim tool to pop them out without damaging and it worked well.

0FDAAE93-7894-4DE6-A05F-5C9F3AB8FA18.jpeg

Derrick_Cyr81

Reaction score
The same push pins that are used for the stock radiator cover panel. You have to re-use them. I bought a flat trim tool to pop them out without damaging and it worked well.

View attachment 148972
It’s the piece that says ram, there are 2 bolt holes towards the front of it that looks like it bolts to the upper bar of the radiator support, they are square holes in the support right in that area. I know the upper shroud gets held on with push darts

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's better and cleaner. But almost twice the price.
You mean almost 3 times the price.
Vararam is $320, Ram Air intake is around $800.
I also don't see how it can be "better" they are both the same thing essentially besides looks.

You can also use any size pushclip that fits, doesn't need to be OEM if you lost them. Can get them cheap off ebay.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone who claims faster throttle response is smoking something I'd like to partake in myself. Or trying to justify spending so much on an intake. I would have loved it if it did give any performance gains, but after having one myself I can say there is no discernable difference in performance. The only thing this intake does is to change the sound you hear when the throttle body opens up, giving a nice butt dyno effect.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s the piece that says ram, there are 2 bolt holes towards the front of it that looks like it bolts to the upper bar of the radiator support, they are square holes in the support right in that area. I know the upper shroud gets held on with push darts
I used all the stock push pins and every hole was filled. Actually you will end up with two spares when done as stock requires more.

D257F2B1-6B07-4889-9B25-9E3B77FF8D7A.jpeg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread