5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiat Chrysler recalls vehicles to fix backup camera display

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I received a text about this, not sure if that’s going to happen.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have had ZERO issues with any delays. I may just let it go as well if I get a notice or if I have another reason to visit my dealer.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My camera definitely stays on for several seconds after shifting from R to D....but I thought this was normal.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No that’s normal as 10 seconds gets me from the driveway to the end of my street.

dandar

Reaction score
This recall is for what mine has. Once every couple of months or so as I'm backing out of my garage then put it in drive and go, the backup camera will stay on with no way to turn it off. I can switch between the camera views but pressing the X in upper right corner does absolutely nothing. It will stay like that for as long as you drive. You have to turn off the truck and step out of it for a couple of minutes for it to go away and the radio go back to normal. As you turn off the truck you get a blue screen (of death? Windows 95?) and it says the camera is unavailable. Just saw an update that they may fix it OTA, I hope that's correct. Don't feel like bringing the truck in if I don't have to.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
You can set a delay off or on in your Uconnect settings. If yours is staying on for a few seconds after shifting from reverse to drive, check your camera settings. I personally love the delay. When I am maneuvering to back up into my garage this helps if I have to readjust. It is also great when aligning your tow hitch to something. Just my opinion...

airgas1998

Reaction score
^^^well sure i believe you, but this is for people that have it permanently stuck like me when driving...only has happened a few times but you can't change **** no radio, hvac nada...

SiRay6

Reaction score
Isnt this an over-the-air fix? That is what my notice said. No appointment or action needed on our part.

Mch5jdm

Reaction score
My new uconnect does not have OTA update ability. Do you think I will receive less updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny1213

Reaction score
If you have a satellite radio it will be automatic with no action required except to activate the update now button when prompted. My radio prompted me yesterday and I did allow the update to be performed and it took approximately 35 - 40 minutes. All functions returned back to normal with no issues. My back up camera was performing with no issues that I noted but if I did not get the update
I would be hounded by the dealership and noticed on the screen so it was best to do it myself when prompted.

Users who are viewing this thread