5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCW and ACC Turn Off?

NewRam92

Reaction score
I was in a rush to work this morning and admittedly driving like a jerk weaving in and out of traffic which caused my FCW to go off twice. I have it set to sound only, no active breaking. After the 2nd time it went off I got a yellow alert on the dash notifying me that adaptive cruise control and FCW were both disabled. I’m wondering if the system automatically shuts it off after 2 alerts? Seems kind of dumb to me. After turning the truck off and back on the message went away. But then came back on again on my drive home after more “spirited” driving. Curious if anyone else has seen this before (and yes I know my 1 tire is overinflated.... long story)

Attachments

• B9859903-193C-4D79-AF68-9E2BC9CE6E91.jpeg
    B9859903-193C-4D79-AF68-9E2BC9CE6E91.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 59

Tomcat68

Reaction score
Do you live in a snowy area? Your sensors can disable if they are covered.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

I'm not understanding your response. Are you unaware that you can turn off the active braking, or are you questioning why he has it turned off? If it's the latter, I have mine turned off also. Why would I want it turned on?
What is "no active breaking"?

broken_vet

Reaction score
Same happened to me last week after some hard braking and swerving to avoid traffic that was stopped on the interstate. The lights stayed on the rest of the drive home, but I haven't had them come back on since then.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ahhh, got it. Forward and Rear Collision Warning offer an auto braking option. So, if the system senses that you're approaching an object in front or behind you, and it thinks your either going too fast or not slowing, it will auto brake.

It scares the crap out of you when it happens, so turning it off is the best feature.

You've probably seen the commercials of someone backing up and a person walks behind the car and the car suddenly stops. That's auto braking. Or the driver not paying attention and almost hits a person in the crosswalk, the car stops so the person isn't hit. Auto braking. It sucks.

bucolic

Reaction score
No issues but I noticed the active breaking when backing up works much better on my 2021 than the 2019. On the 2019 I had to turn it off as I couldn't;t even get up my driveway which is an 8% grade. It would keep braking. My 2021 has no issues backing up the drive but stopped me when I wasn't paying attention and would have backed into the snowbank.

NewRam92

Reaction score
Do you live in a snowy area? Your sensors can disable if they are covered.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
I do, but it was seconds after the 2nd alert that the lights came on. I tried searching through the owners manual, but didn’t find anything.

Good to know that others have had similar experiences. Just seems weird to have the system lock out and turn off after 2 alerts on 1 drive.

kooz21

Reaction score
This happened to me the other day. Was coming up kinda fast behind someone who was turning right and got the alert to pop up. After that, the “service FCW” light was on for the rest of the drive. After a night of rest, the light was off and hasn’t come back on.

kooz21

Reaction score
And no snow for me, south Florida. Might have been raining though.

NWRogue

Reaction score
It's the nannies at FCA trying to get you to stop "driving like a jerk weaving in and out of traffic". :) They can tell...

Or, maybe a system fault that you should ask your dealer about. Makes absolutely no sense that it would stop working just because of a couple of alerts.

Boston

Reaction score
Not happy to have the system shut off like that. I’ve driven two other manufacturers ACC equipped vehicles and neither of them shut the system off. Only wet snow covered sensors can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread