5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA Rolls Out New Uconnect Market For 8.4-Inch Uconnect Systems:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FCA Rolls Out New Uconnect Market For 8.4-Inch Uconnect Systems:
Uconnect Market Puts Even More Features At The Hands Of Drivers...

uconnect_market_6n9n6r6ta7jqhniomlnh0kf57d4.jpg

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The app will not be available on the 12-inch Touchscreen for the current time.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The app will not be available on the 12-inch Touchscreen for the current time.

Thanks for preemptively answering that but what the heck? I can see the "you bought too small a screen for advanced features" but not the other way around.

Maple

Reaction score
I don't recall anyone asking to order Domino's in the truck.... I do seem to recall lots of people asking for the maps to be updated....
Would be fun if the Domino's delivery guy had to chase you down and deliver it like mid-air refueling.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for preemptively answering that but what the heck? I can see the "you bought too small a screen for advanced features" but not the other way around.

Should be released a later date... remember 12-inch is only available on Rams. 8.4-inch is offered on all FCA US mainstream Mopar vehicles.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
see I didn't order the 12" because I thought I'd most likely wreck while playing with the screen and driving :)

now I get to order Dominos while driving great! but grrrr!!!
Pizza's on order -- but I just ran into a ditch LOL

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
Retrofit or new only?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
So they aren't planning to retrofit non C?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it insulting that they spent money and resources on this but the 12.1 still doesn't have all the features it was advertised to have...

Lize

Reaction score
I find it insulting that they spent money and resources on this but the 12.1 still doesn't have all the features it was advertised to have...
I would think Dominos have a hand in paying for the development.

BlckDT

Reaction score
This is just a refresh of what the 8.4 units "used" to provide back in the day. I had a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 8.4 and had nearly all of the features they are talking about. I could hold the talk button on the steering and ask for reviews on the closest pizza place and it would pop up YELP (app on Uconnect at the time) and show local pizza joints.

I didn't catch it in the article but is this only for the 8.4 NAV or would the non-NAV 8.4 get the updates?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The part that bothers me is that FCA is going away from being a QNX-based system to becoming an Android-based system. Every single day is another headline about Google's snooping & tracking of individuals, even when users think they have location, etc. turned off. Not to mention the daily warnings of more rogue malware apps discovered in the Google Play Store.

Chrysler's Uconnect system has consistently had the best reputation for usability & reliability of in-vehicle infotainment systems. Why on earth would FCA risk all of that?

If I want to know of nearby restaurants, either my wife or I uses our smartphones to find out...we don't need, and definitely don't want, the risks of an Android-based vehicle system.

Users who are viewing this thread