5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FCA cheaps out on 2019 Ram 1500 Classic

Chetperk

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 2016 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab to a 2019 1500 Express Quad Cab with the black package. I stuck with the Classic as many of the accessories I had from my 16 would be used on the 19. Not so. The 2019 Classic does not have the threaded mounting holes for side steps, which Ram installed standard after the 2015 model year. So needless say, my side steps are useless unless I can find a mounting kit that would adapt to the hexagon holes. I also had in my 16 the overhead console, which I really got accustomed to, the 2019 does not have it even though it is listed on the window sticker as part of the Express Value Package. Talk about false advertising. It will be interesting as time goes on what else I find Ram decided to eliminate.

Tim B

Reaction score
The 2019 Classic does not have the threaded mounting holes for side steps, which Ram installed standard after the 2015 model year.
There are a couple threaded mounting holes in the front and, if the holes line up you can use rivnuts for the others. I just installed a step of running boards on my new 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman with no problems.

Chetperk

Reaction score
There are a couple threaded mounting holes in the front and, if the holes line up you can use rivnuts for the others. I just installed a step of running boards on my new 2019 Ram 1500 Classic Tradesman with no problems.
I was able to order the install kit from Mopar which includes crush nuts to fit in the hexagon holes.

Chetperk

Reaction score

Update on overhead console; spoke with the dealership who called the area rep and waiting for a call back. We also checked other trucks on the lot that have the Express Value Package listing the overhead console, but none of the trucks have it. Dealership agrees that if it is no longer part of the package they should remove it from the window sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread