5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory White front GRILL on Ram 1500 Limited......how to order?

dwebb99

Reaction score
I have seen several pictures online of WHITE color coded front grills on the 5th Gen Ram 1500 Limited, usually pictured in conjuction with the white Body Color bumper group option. I am currently trying to track down a 5th gen Limited 1500 painted in Ivory Tri-Coat (white metallic) along with the "Body Color bumper group" option included. But what I really want included, is the matching white body color painted FRONT grill as well. I think the truck looks awesome fitted like this. I "assume" this is a factory RAM supplied painted part, but several RAM dealers seem to be clueless as to if this can be special ordered on a Limited, or know if it is even available in their parts system (color keyed front grills). Would any of you be familiar with how to order this white grill and/or part numbers associated with it? I know they make the black grills for their Black-Out editions but what about color keyed front grills, specifically the white (Ivory Tri-Coat) one? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for this grill....needed on a Limited....

86grand

Reaction score
I have seen several pictures online of WHITE color coded front grills on the 5th Gen Ram 1500 Limited, usually pictured in conjuction with the white Body Color bumper group option. I am currently trying to track down a 5th gen Limited 1500 painted in Ivory Tri-Coat (white metallic) along with the "Body Color bumper group" option included. But what I really want included, is the matching white body color painted FRONT grill as well. I think the truck looks awesome fitted like this. I "assume" this is a factory RAM supplied painted part, but several RAM dealers seem to be clueless as to if this can be special ordered on a Limited, or know if it is even available in their parts system (color keyed front grills). Would any of you be familiar with how to order this white grill and/or part numbers associated with it? I know they make the black grills for their Black-Out editions but what about color keyed front grills, specifically the white (Ivory Tri-Coat) one? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I haven't seen any color coded grilles for the Limited, just black edition. the one in the pic is a Laramie. It would be great if the sport option was available on long horn or limited, but maybe it will be in the future

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The truck in the video is a Laramie, not a Limited. The Limiteds do not come with painted grilles unless you get the Night Edition, which is painted black. Even with the body color bumpers group on the Limited, you still get the satin-chrome grille surround. The only way to get a body-colored grille on a Limited is to have it painted yourself.

And the Laramie grilles won’t fit on the Limited. The Limiteds use a specific grille due to the different headlights and other front trim pieces.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I noticed this the other day perusing the lot while they installed my brake moan kit. I want the led package on my next truck but personally don't like the look on the limited. Much to my liking realized the led headlights on a BH or Laramine look much better like the halogens so I was happy to see I could retain that front end with led headlights.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

I'm with you on how that looks. It's good that you can get a Limited without any chrome, but I'd like it if they would offer a color matched grille surround on any color other than black.

I noticed this the other day perusing the lot while they installed my brake moan kit. I want the led package on my next truck but personally don't like the look on the limited. Much to my liking realized the led headlights on a BH or Laramine look much better like the halogens so I was happy to see I could retain that front end with led headlights.
I agree with you on the looks, but from a driver's point of view, the adaptive LED headlights on the Limited and Longhorn work better. Don't get me wrong, I love the LED headlights on my Laramie. But the wife's Limited headlights give me better visibility, especially on dark country roads on rainy nights.

dwebb99

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments and the clarification between the Laramine grill and the Limited and how they are different. Currently it seems if I want a color coded grill on a Limited it looks like I will need to remove the grill, scuff the surface, and apply paint. Not sure if I'm really ready for that experiment.

redneck

Reaction score
unless you have auto body painting exp. you aint going to scuff a chrome grill & paint it with tri coat peral. just the material to do this correctly will be over $400

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
Hi all,
i know I'm a bit late to the party, but, i just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and am looking for a front grille replacement to get rid of the Chrome for black. The only option I've seen is the night edition that retails for 1600 and can be found for 1050. Are there any aftermarket options?

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
There are a few :) A quick ebay search (cuz i was there already) pulled up these: https://www.ebay.com/b/Grilles-for-2019-Ram-1500/33645/bn_7060732621
Thank you for your help, however, if you look at the pictures, you will notice that none of them would fit the limited. The limited has a bar coming horizontally on the left and right side between the headlights. All grilles (non-classic) seem to be the same for DT except for the limited, which is the issue I've encountered after hours of research. Thanks for the try though ☺️

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the Limited has a pretty intricate grille, but perhaps you can get it and the associated trim pieces wrapped?

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
I know the Limited has a pretty intricate grille, but perhaps you can get it and the associated trim pieces wrapped?
Thank you, my car club has a Couple of guys that wrap, which would be good for the outside of the grille, but on the inside with all the grates would be a bit complicated

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
Thank you for your help, however, if you look at the pictures, you will notice that none of them would fit the limited. The limited has a bar coming horizontally on the left and right side between the headlights. All grilles (non-classic) seem to be the same for DT except for the limited, which is the issue I've encountered after hours of research. Thanks for the try though ☺️

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I mean. If you look at the picture, it is not a limited grill that has the 2 bars on either end of the grille.

Chickenhauke

Reaction score
Hi all,
i know I'm a bit late to the party, but, i just picked up a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited and am looking for a front grille replacement to get rid of the Chrome for black. The only option I've seen is the night edition that retails for 1600 and can be found for 1050. Are there any aftermarket options?

Has anyone actually replaced a 19 or 20 Ram limited chrome grille with a night edition one? Wondering if everything fits/works correctly? And if so, can you tell me where you found the night edition for 1k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone actually replaced a 19 or 20 Ram limited chrome grille with a night edition one? Wondering if everything fits/works correctly? And if so, can you tell me where you found the night edition for 1k?

It will all fit and work fine, its just the cost of doing it

Mopar_Gummy

Reaction score

Yeah man. Was done on a couple. You can find the part for i believe 1040$ to be exact on parts.com . They are about 2 hr from my house, and have used them for some Mopar stuff for my scat and my hellcat. Full price is1600. I believe that's grille only, no surround

Mattygomes2003

Reaction score
You can reach out to this guy and ask how it's holding up.

I love it! I have a 2022 bighorn and I hate the chrome. It’s peeling on the highest lip just under the hood. Friggin rocks on plastic. No bueno! I hoping to fix myself up with the same thing you’ve got. Can you give me a step by step of what I need etc. ps, the bighorns have chrome bumpers too. I’ll be painting them also.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love it! I have a 2022 bighorn and I hate the chrome. It’s peeling on the highest lip just under the hood. Friggin rocks on plastic. No bueno! I hoping to fix myself up with the same thing you’ve got. Can you give me a step by step of what I need etc. ps, the bighorns have chrome bumpers too. I’ll be painting them also.
He didn't do it, he pulled a Youtube of someone that did. Paint won't stick, check out all the painted bumper threads. They all complain they have hundreds of chips.

Users who are viewing this thread