5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Hemi Exhaust Changes 2019-2023

ProKubinator

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi. My dad just picked up a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi. We have almost identical trucks, regular Laramie packages (no sport, g/t, etc). His exhaust sounds a little more "open" than mine, sounds really good for stock. I believe I recall at some point reading that Ram removed one set of resonators between 2019 and 2023, but mufflers were the same. Can anyone confirm the exact changes somewhere between our model years that has better knowledge of it?

My dads new truck is definitely not "G/T" package loud, its just a little more open sounding than mine.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think around 2020-2021 they stopped putting factory resonators on near the tips.
On 2019s I believe they all has resonators but my 2022 for example didn't (before I sold the OEM exhaust)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think around 2020-2021 they stopped putting factory resonators on near the tips.
On 2019s I believe they all has resonators but my 2022 for example didn't (before I sold the OEM exhaust)
The rear resonators are still there. They stopped using the resonator in the pipe between catalytic converter and muffler.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Hi All, I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi. My dad just picked up a 2023 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Hemi. We have almost identical trucks, regular Laramie packages (no sport, g/t, etc). His exhaust sounds a little more "open" than mine, sounds really good for stock. I believe I recall at some point reading that Ram removed one set of resonators between 2019 and 2023, but mufflers were the same. Can anyone confirm the exact changes somewhere between our model years that has better knowledge of it?

My dads new truck is definitely not "G/T" package loud, its just a little more open sounding than mine.

I think in mid-2020, they remove the front resonator, which is located just past the catalytic converter.

There is only 1 muffler, a big drum looking thing to control the MDS drone. About 1 foot past the muffler, it breaks off into a Y (fake dual) pipe into two muffler looking resonators.

The difference you hear is probably the single front resonator removal, which was changed mid-production from most reports.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think in mid-2021, they remove the front resonator, which is located just past the catalytic converter.

There is only 1 muffler, a big drum looking thing to control the MDS drone. About 1 foot past the muffler, it breaks off into a Y (fake dual) pipe into two muffler looking resonators.

The difference you hear is probably the single front resonator removal, which was changed mid-production from most reports.
Was 2020 model year they removed it. My 2020 built in May doesn't have one

GregHBNA

Reaction score
Even the 23 is noticeably louder than the 22 I traded in.

the 23 is etorque
the 23 was not.

Sure that doesn't matter, but just threw it in.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
They could have tuned the muffler or the resonators to give it a bit more sound. That or the exhaust supplier ran out of material and it resulted in the use of different/louder resonators and/or muffler.

Ramitinhard

Reaction score
My 2022 had a growl especially on cold start. Now it has a roar. Deleted the oem muffler and installed a Solo Performance QR300 resonator. First drive I thought.....what have I done!!
Now its a perfect balance of sound between OEM and street performance. My wife calls my truck the black beast when I remote start it.

Users who are viewing this thread