5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory Brake Controller pulsing in park

Baero

Reaction score
Hello, I got to use my brake controller for the first time on my 2019 RAM 1500. I connected to my fish house this weekend and with the truck running I had to jump into the house to check something out quick. I then heard what is best described as a 4 way flasher sound. Pulses about 1 second apart. I went out side and found that I my brake solenoids on both sides of the house is where the sound was coming from.

I then checked the connection on the truck and I am seeing 1 - 1.2 volts at the brake pinout when in park and nothing connected, I am guessing this is being used to identify whether or not a trailer is connected?

I never had this issue with any other controller, but this is my first factory controller.

Has anyone else noticed this on their trailer? I contacted my dealer this morning and have not heard back from them yet.

Thanks

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've noticed this. I believe it is as designed. this is a function of how it checks if a trailer is connected.

Users who are viewing this thread