5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fab Tech or BDS

Phil8944

Reaction score
So on Dec 19th 2020, I purchased the BDS 6” coilover lift kit with the fox 2.5 adjustable shocks and the upgraded UCA’s. I STILL don’t have it more than 3 months later. I contacted BDS and they say they have had most of the kit for weeks now and are just waiting on fox to get them the shocks. Fox has no clue when they will get the shocks in, I’m over waiting this long! So I’m thinking of going with the Fabtech 6” coil over kit. Does anyone have any experience with the fabtech lift? I’m putting it on my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 (No Air Ride). Thanks in advance y’all!!!!

whonut

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I had to wait three months to get my kit from Fabtech. Everyone is affected by supply chain issues right now. Took us five months to get a Peloton.

Phil8944

Reaction score
That’s crazy cause I switched last Thursday and the shop said it would be here in less than a week after speaking with the Fabtech rep.

I’m ok with waiting, I know COVID has messed up everything but to not have any idea of a time frame after 3 months is just crazy.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
You may be lucky the shop have a set of shocks for the Fabtech kit. Fox turn around time is about 4-5 months, Kings is about 4 months, Icon is about the same. Dirtlogic makes the shocks for the Fabtech kit. Race shocks have always been wait in items, sometimes retailers order a couple more, or have cancellations etc so, so that's how you get lucky. Covid have doubled or triple the normal waiting times for this market.

whonut

Reaction score
That’s crazy cause I switched last Thursday and the shop said it would be here in less than a week after speaking with the Fabtech rep.

I’m ok with waiting, I know COVID has messed up everything but to not have any idea of a time frame after 3 months is just crazy.
Better to be lucky than good!

FishOn

Reaction score
Ordered my BDS 6" kit in Sept 9th and it arrived the day before Thanksgiving...

Users who are viewing this thread