5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

extra back up lights

duckiller

Reaction score
Seems to be no fire from the center of the round plug.....lights work if i hook them to tailights, so ground is good and lights work, just can't get them to work with the back up lights off of the round plug....2019 ram larmie longhorn 1500...what am i missing?

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You need to get a voltage meter or test light and probe the Ram's 7 pin to see where the signal is. You can set the parking brake, chock the wheels and run the truck in reverse to find the pin with backup light voltage. Make sure all other lights are off.

There are several different 7 pin configurations. This sight shows the pinout on each.

https://www.curtmfg.com/towing-electrical-wiring

Let us know if you figure it out. Just for fun I was considering driving a rear light from the integrated brake controller which can put out a variable voltage...like a dimmer.

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I’ll be installing cube lights in the rear bumper soon and have been researching ways to do the wiring. My goal is to wire it so that the cubes light up when the switch is on, not when the reverse lights are on. Haven’t been able to find a solid wiring solution for that yet, so I might just take somewhere and have them do it. Would love to save some cash though.

Kennylasvegas

Reaction score
I’ll be installing cube lights in the rear bumper soon and have been researching ways to do the wiring. My goal is to wire it so that the cubes light up when the switch is on, not when the reverse lights are on. Haven’t been able to find a solid wiring solution for that yet, so I might just take somewhere and have them do it. Would love to save some cash though.
Where are you mounting too on the rear bumper? I’m having a hard time to find a place to mount

B-Rebel

Reaction score
Where are you mounting too on the rear bumper? I’m having a hard time to find a place to mount
I purchased an aftermarket bumper that that has light mounts built into. Zroadz has an aftermarket lighting kit for the stock rear bumper

Ram1984

Reaction score
I installed some Rigid SR-Q back up lights that I took off my 2014 2500. I did not wire them to go on when reverse is engaged. I only want them to go on when I flip switch. They made a big difference at night.

Attachments

• 50BDA90A-C1E2-412C-8BA6-683934DB1822.jpeg
    50BDA90A-C1E2-412C-8BA6-683934DB1822.jpeg
    282.2 KB · Views: 79
  • F557E18D-567E-4AA8-B05E-C17A0BAC82A7.jpeg
    F557E18D-567E-4AA8-B05E-C17A0BAC82A7.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 82

B-Rebel

Reaction score
I installed some Rigid SR-Q back up lights that I took off my 2014 2500. I did not wire them to go on when reverse is engaged. I only want them to go on when I flip switch. They made a big difference at night.
Looks awesome. Can you give me the gist of how you wired it? I’m looking to do the same thing. I’m assuming just wired from the battery down to the lights and back with the supplies wiring harness? Thanks

Ram1984

Reaction score
I just used the Rigid wiring harness. This runs from the lights to the battery,, then they give you enough wire to run the switch to the inside. It’s very straight forward

Users who are viewing this thread