5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exterior Lights

palumaa

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone have experience with modifying the lights so that it would be possible to turn off all exterior lights while driving?
Can it be done by adding some switch or can it also be done through programming?

If someone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would be very grateful for sharing it.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i if you tap into all the lighting circuits and make a shut off switch sure

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone have experience with modifying the lights so that it would be possible to turn off all exterior lights while driving?
Can it be done by adding some switch or can it also be done through programming?

If someone has experience or knowledge in this area, I would be very grateful for sharing it.
Daytime running lights is an option you can turn off in the settings, if you are in the US, not in Canada. If you set them to off, and the headlight switch off, there shouldn't be any on.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
As mentioned turn headlight switch off. Can use alfaObd or TazerDT to disable the signature lighting(LED too and bottom of headlight) and turn off DRL. That should be all your lights. Unless you also don't want turn signals to work

frisby5

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off my exterior lights so that everytime i open my doors the cargo lights and tailgate light doesnt come on ?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've never had reason to turn them off, but being they turn on with the interior lights, try turning off the interiors.

palumaa

Reaction score
As mentioned turn headlight switch off. Can use alfaObd or TazerDT to disable the signature lighting(LED too and bottom of headlight) and turn off DRL. That should be all your lights. Unless you also don't want turn signals to work
Thanks for the advice.
I have a question about the TazerDT.
I have heard that changes made with TazerDT works a time or two, then stops. Is it true?
Saw this feedback about this product somewhere.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.
I have a question about the TazerDT.
I have heard that changes made with TazerDT works a time or two, then stops. Is it true?
Saw this feedback about this product somewhere.
I havent had any issues with the TazerDT and things not working. The live features only work if you leave itjokgged in. Any other changes made are no different than if you used alfaObd to make the changes. It's just easier with Tazer

palumaa

Reaction score
I havent had any issues with the TazerDT and things not working. The live features only work if you leave itjokgged in. Any other changes made are no different than if you used alfaObd to make the changes. It's just easier with Tazer
Many thanks again! Will buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread