5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exploring NM/ Light off-roading

JustMe

Reaction score
Smack-dab in the middle of "nowhere" and 1/2 way between Santa Fe & Amarillo. Is this area also known as the Kiowa National Grasslands? I couldn't find it on Google Maps . . . was curious where because Chris of 'VENTURE-4WD (YouTube Channel) was their (and Santa Fe) for last weeks "episode". For anyone who is not familiar, Cris has been Exploring Overland style (more of a Nomad type, but Very Nice Guy) in his Orange Jeep JK with the Ursa Minor Cap/Camper top.
The Google Map does NOT do the area Justice - quite scenic and "moonscape" like (if your doing a 1970's TV show, ha). Now Google Earth is better cause you can click on others photos !
Chris (Venture4WD) continues his wonderings, starting off again from Santa Fe THIS WEEK, but he did not say where he will be exploring at the end of the latest video . . . he usually hints at it. It's been a Very Long Time since I've been to the Santa Fe area or New Mexico for that matter. Thanks for the share.

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
Smack-dab in the middle of "nowhere" and 1/2 way between Santa Fe & Amarillo. Is this area also known as the Kiowa National Grasslands? I couldn't find it on Google Maps . . . was curious where because Chris of 'VENTURE-4WD (YouTube Channel) was their (and Santa Fe) for last weeks "episode". For anyone who is not familiar, Cris has been Exploring Overland style (more of a Nomad type, but Very Nice Guy) in his Orange Jeep JK with the Ursa Minor Cap/Camper top.
The Google Map does NOT do the area Justice - quite scenic and "moonscape" like (if your doing a 1970's TV show, ha). Now Google Earth is better cause you can click on others photos !
Chris (Venture4WD) continues his wonderings, starting off again from Santa Fe THIS WEEK, but he did not say where he will be exploring at the end of the latest video . . . he usually hints at it. It's been a Very Long Time since I've been to the Santa Fe area or New Mexico for that matter. Thanks for the share.
I wish I checked this area out while I was out there, this was south west of Albuquerque about 2 hours or so. Definitely have to check that channel out thanks!!

2020GraniteBH

Reaction score
@2020GraniteBH, meant to ask earlier; other than tires, what deficiencies, if any, did you observe? Clearance, wheel travel, etc.

Thanks
Honestly the roads/paths weren't anything crazy but I was definitely paranoid and would continuously get out to check clearances so that is a deficiency for sure IMO. I plan on doing a lift in the future to be able to fit 35's, nothing crazy and I would like to look into getting some protection underneath like the Rebel has. If I were trying to do some other trails in the area wheel travel would have been a huge deficiency but we had my friends lifted Tacoma with some goodies for the heavier stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread