5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

exhaust sound in subwoofers- Harmon 19 speaker sound system with aftermarket subs

Tronnix

Reaction score
I had a sub box put in my truck. 2019 with 12inch Uconnect and 19 speaker Harmon system. I had it installed by the same local guys that do everyone's systems in my town. They have a few 2019 that are doing this and nobody seems to know what is causing it. Basically what happens is when you have the subs turned up with music or no music, you can hear your exhaust clear as day coming through the subs. You hear the throttle up and down with the shifting of the transmission. It's not like if someone put a mic up to the exhaust you just hear what sounds like feedback frequency to the drone of the exhaust. The best way I can describe it. My setup has the line filters on them to weed out that kind of noise but this seems to be something the Truck is doing to inject exhaust sound in your speakers maybe.

Anyone experience this?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I had a sub box put in my truck. 2019 with 12inch Uconnect and 19 speaker Harmon system. I had it installed by the same local guys that do everyone's systems in my town. They have a few 2019 that are doing this and nobody seems to know what is causing it. Basically what happens is when you have the subs turned up with music or no music, you can hear your exhaust clear as day coming through the subs. You hear the throttle up and down with the shifting of the transmission. It's not like if someone put a mic up to the exhaust you just hear what sounds like feedback frequency to the drone of the exhaust. The best way I can describe it. My setup has the line filters on them to weed out that kind of noise but this seems to be something the Truck is doing to inject exhaust sound in your speakers maybe.

Anyone experience this?
I mean... It's kinda unprofessional for them not to know that the sub interfere with the ANC system and they need to disable it.....................
FCA had ANC in pretty much any vehicle since 2016-17...
You need to get a bypass cable to disable the system or to just clip the microphone wires at the amp(underneath the driver seat), 4 mics total.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you’ll need an active noise bypass cable, or maybe there is a way to turn off the ANC.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have subs and did nothing at all with my ANC and I do not have the feedback he is talking about. I also have the HK system as well. Used a pac amppro for install not sure if you did the same.

Users who are viewing this thread