5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exhaust Manifold Issues - Powertrain warranty?

Bournes251

Reaction score
Hi All!

Long time Ram owner and reader but first time posting. I have read through several other threads on here regarding the well-known exhaust manifold and/or bolt issues. I had a 2012 previously and never had any issues. However, I bought a new 2021 2 years ago, and I just dropped it off this morning for them to get it in. They have not called back to confirm yet, but I am fairly sure that it's either the manifold and/or bolt(s) on the passenger side. I started hearing it little over a month ago only when cold, but it progressively got worse over the last couple of weeks and there are no downstream leaks anywhere.

When I dropped it off, the SA asked if I had an extended warranty and I said no but from what I have seen / read, that should be covered under the powertrain since it is 2 years old and only 40k miles. He said no, that typically only covers engine, diff, trans internals, etc. We went back and forth a bit, but it was going nowhere so I let it be until they call to tell me what they find. I have a physical copy of the warranty which lists the manifold itself but nothing about the bolts.

If it is an issue with the bolts, has anyone had luck recently with getting this covered under the powertrain warranty?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bunch of crap if that’s not covered on the Powertrain Warranty. They obviously know it’s a long time issue and should be addressed no questions asked.😡

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^yup, what he said. Should be covered, period.
Had both the passenger side manifold and bolts crack on my 2021 Bighorn, both covered. Granted, mines cracked within 13k miles of ownership, the kit was covered under my power train warranty. Keep pushing the issue, because your service dept. is trying to dupe you. Good luck👍

Bournes251

Reaction score
^^yup, what he said. Should be covered, period.
Had both the passenger side manifold and bolts crack on my 2021 Bighorn, both covered. Granted, mines cracked within 13k miles of ownership, the kit was covered under my power train warranty. Keep pushing the issue, because your service dept. is trying to dupe you. Good luck👍

Thanks for the info! That's what I was hoping to hear. I will see what they say when they call this week and push the issue if they try to claim it's not covered.

VegasRob55

Reaction score
Hi All!

Long time Ram owner and reader but first time posting. I have read through several other threads on here regarding the well-known exhaust manifold and/or bolt issues. I had a 2012 previously and never had any issues. However, I bought a new 2021 2 years ago, and I just dropped it off this morning for them to get it in. They have not called back to confirm yet, but I am fairly sure that it's either the manifold and/or bolt(s) on the passenger side. I started hearing it little over a month ago only when cold, but it progressively got worse over the last couple of weeks and there are no downstream leaks anywhere.

When I dropped it off, the SA asked if I had an extended warranty and I said no but from what I have seen / read, that should be covered under the powertrain since it is 2 years old and only 40k miles. He said no, that typically only covers engine, diff, trans internals, etc. We went back and forth a bit, but it was going nowhere so I let it be until they call to tell me what they find. I have a physical copy of the warranty which lists the manifold itself but nothing about the bolts.

If it is an issue with the bolts, has anyone had luck recently with getting this covered under the powertrain warranty?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I just put my 19' Laramie in, and it has 54,000 miles. Powertrain covered bolts and studs replaced and drilled out. Four studs needed replace.

L a r r y

Reaction score
I believe I am experiencing the same issue as you are now. Did you have the notorious ticking on start up and then it would get a little quieter after warming up?

I know this is an 6 month old thread

Esantos77

Reaction score
I believe I am experiencing the same issue as you are now. Did you have the notorious ticking on start up and then it would get a little quieter after warming up?

Yes in have the exact same thing! still waiting for the replacement parts to arrive at the dealer! over 4 weeks now

Last edited:

Halfpint81

Reaction score

I had both mine replaced last year, my truck sounded like it had catback exhaust on start-up and then would quiet down. Had it checked both manifolds where cracked and replaced

Tubthumper59

Reaction score
I just had my truck at the ealer. They told me both my manifolds had cracks. I was to there is a backlog on getting manifolds and that I'm on a waiting list with 132 other people. They told me they only get one pair of manifolds a week because the manufacturing issues. I was told anything I do will void my warranty. Sounds like I could be waiting over a year it to be repaired. We have state inspections every year. Not sure how that's going to go.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just had my truck at the ealer. They told me both my manifolds had cracks. I was to there is a backlog on getting manifolds and that I'm on a waiting list with 132 other people. They told me they only get one pair of manifolds a week because the manufacturing issues. I was told anything I do will void my warranty. Sounds like I could be waiting over a year it to be repaired. We have state inspections every year. Not sure how that's going to go.
That’s ridiculous😡

I would throw a pair of shorty headers on. If they replace them you’ll likely be doing it again later out of warranty on your dime anyway. Save yourself some trouble.

EAnderson

Reaction score
Just put shorty headers on mine yesterday. 500.00 in parts and a little labor and I no longer have to worry about dodge header quality.

Last edited:

EAnderson

Reaction score
I still have the stock exhaust so not much difference at all. Putting a Corsa cat back on it this weekend though.

Users who are viewing this thread