5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTorque Update from my Local Dealership

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I just received this from my local dealership when I was inquiring about test driving an eTorque.

We do not have any eTorque engines available for test drives at this time. I just received one last week and we have a few others awaiting pick up as they were all sold orders. Other than the sold orders that are coming in with the eTorque, we have not received too many for inventory and the ones we do receive for inventory typically sell within 1-2 days as we have a list of customers waiting to purchase.

We have a huge amount of Ram 1500s with eTorque that are built but are at a storage yard in Detroit on hold. I just did a locate for eTorque engines within 500 miles and this appears to be the case for every other dealer. The manufacture appears to be holding nearly all eTorque Rams but still letting sold orders slide through. I just put an email to our manufacture rep. for more information as well. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Just sharing.

Cluck

Reaction score
I definitely don't want this etorque stuff on my new truck. I plan not to purchase for another 6 months or so after some bugs get worked out. My concern is trying to buy a Limited truck without etorque will be a challenge at that time... I may have to do a special order.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just received this from my local dealership when I was inquiring about test driving an eTorque.

We do not have any eTorque engines available for test drives at this time. I just received one last week and we have a few others awaiting pick up as they were all sold orders. Other than the sold orders that are coming in with the eTorque, we have not received too many for inventory and the ones we do receive for inventory typically sell within 1-2 days as we have a list of customers waiting to purchase.

We have a huge amount of Ram 1500s with eTorque that are built but are at a storage yard in Detroit on hold. I just did a locate for eTorque engines within 500 miles and this appears to be the case for every other dealer. The manufacture appears to be holding nearly all eTorque Rams but still letting sold orders slide through. I just put an email to our manufacture rep. for more information as well. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Just sharing.

I guess I should feel very special to have received and be driving my e-torque Longhorn now. Am I the only one on this forum who has received their e-torque? I have somewhat lost track of some of your builds with all the incoming members, but the increasing member number is great! Thanks guys

Last edited:

Tommy

Reaction score
I guess I should feel very special to have received and be driving my e-torque Longhorn now. Am I the only one on this forum who has received their e-torque? I have somewhat lost track of some of your builds with all the incoming members, but the increasing member number is great! Thanks guys
I have a 5.7 Laramie with etorque. Have had it for about a week. I like the potential, but I think it's not yet sufficiently calibrated. Hoping there's an update forthcoming. I do like that my 5.7 V8 is getting 19.7 MPG combined.

Rupbre

Reaction score
I have an etorque in my Longhorn. Had for about a month. No downside so far.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 5.7 Laramie with etorque. Have had it for about a week. I like the potential, but I think it's not yet sufficiently calibrated. Hoping there's an update forthcoming. I do like that my 5.7 V8 is getting 19.7 MPG combined.
What are the indications that it needs to be calibrated? Is it acting weird?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For the guys who took the time, a quick look at this link
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/engine-rear-gear-type-of-differential.1531/

Can let you know who has the etorque. And if you are lucky enough that they filled out their signature, you can also see if they are waiting for an order or are already driving it around.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I also know of nothing to calibrate on the E-torque system. What you are likely experiencing is the transmission learning how you drive. That and your MDS system won't be very active if at all until you get 700 or 800 miles on the truck.

1500Limited

Reaction score
I walked on the dealer lot and bough a Limited with Etorque. They had about 10 to choose from too. They said they ordered them that way.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I walked on the dealer lot and bough a Limited with Etorque. They had about 10 to choose from too. They said they ordered them that way.
Obviously, I wrote this on July 18 and was one of the first to receive my ordered e-torque. There were very few on dealer lots at that time. There are many out there now.

Users who are viewing this thread