5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eTORQUE emblem

Daveygoodness

Reaction score
I was wondering if FCA was going to release an official eTORQUE emblem at some point? I have the Pentastar, so my hood emblems have the blank spot where the 5.7 goes on the Hemi. They missed an opportunity on the branding, use the MOPAR m rotated 90 degrees couterclockwise so it's an e, make it green instead of blue, and put TORQUE in the normal font. Can somebody mock this up for me? I'd love to see how it would actually look. like a standalone badge.

Stew81

Reaction score
I thought it was smart of them to leave off any eTorque badges. In general, I think words like eco, hybrid or electric turn a lot of truck guys away. The badge you are describing sounds fine but imagine if they had gone the other direction and put a big "hybrid" decal on them. Remember the Tahoe hybrid? Before anyone gets upset, I know the eTorque isn't really a hybrid. Just making a point about what Ram was probably thinking when they decided not to identify the eTorque engine.
1576031518996.png

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone would want an eTorque emblem. It doesn’t add power or anything to the engine and just more to clutter the truck. ETorque is nothing to brag about, from everything I have read and all the reviews I have seen.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Their was talk that Ram was going to have an emblem for 2020 but I have not scene one yet. I wouldn’t mint some type of small emblem. I’m glad I got the etorque, works flawlessly.

Daveygoodness

Reaction score
I don’t understand why anyone would want an eTorque emblem. It doesn’t add power or anything to the engine and just more to clutter the truck. ETorque is nothing to brag about, from everything I have read and all the reviews I have seen.
what about your personal experiences with your own eTORQUE equipped truck?

Daveygoodness

Reaction score
I thought it was smart of them to leave off any eTorque badges. In general, I think words like eco, hybrid or electric turn a lot of truck guys away. The badge you are describing sounds fine but imagine if they had gone the other direction and put a big "hybrid" decal on them. Remember the Tahoe hybrid? Before anyone gets upset, I know the eTorque isn't really a hybrid. Just making a point about what Ram was probably thinking when they decided not to identify the eTorque engine.
View attachment 41581
yeah , that thing had 11 different places saying either hybrid, or a badge. true number. 11 is too much.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score

i chose not to buy an eTorque based on reviews and my own test drive. What amounts to about *maybe 1 extra MPG was not worth the investment and having an eTorque Badge in my mind is almost like having a Pentastar badge on the hood.

Last edited:

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I don't want a badge. I can't tell my truck has etorque. Even driving one without and then one with I couldn't feel anything different. Mileage isn't great either way.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
I don't want a badge. I can't tell my truck has etorque. Even driving one without and then one with I couldn't feel anything different. Mileage isn't great either way.
The MPG sucks...at 1600 miles and I still haven’t broken 16MPG on the interstate. Of course, I expected this, but from what I have read the eTorque isn’t much better. I read somewhere MPG will increase around 5000 miles.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
The MPG sucks...at 1600 miles and I still haven’t broken 16MPG on the interstate. Of course, I expected this, but from what I have read the eTorque isn’t much better. I read somewhere MPG will increase around 5000 miles.
Ehhh...maybe....seems like it's always "it'll get better after XXXX miles"

I'll dump the break in oil around 3K miles and put full synthetic in it which may help....or not. I'm used to 22 MPG. If this gets 17-18 it'll cost me $500-ish more a year to drive it. I'll just work a little harder. :)

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I have the eTorque Pentastar. When I'm at a stop light I'm across the intersection before the cars next to me get half way through the street. The first tire rotation is key to moving this boat. It makes the engine and transmission smoother than my Grand Cherokee Summit Pentastar. I wouldn't get a V6 without it.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
I have the eTorque Pentastar. When I'm at a stop light I'm across the intersection before the cars next to me get half way through the street. The first tire rotation is key to moving this boat. It makes the engine and transmission smoother than my Grand Cherokee Summit Pentastar. I wouldn't get a V6 without it.
I understand that...but I wouldn’t get a V6, period. No way in Hell, not on a full-sized pick-up. The fuel savings is negligible, resale is horrible and performance is well-below acceptable.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Hemi with 3.92 and no E-Torque. When I'm at a stop light I'm across the intersection before the cars next to me get halfway through the street also; sometimes they are even left in a cloud of tire smoke.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I have the Hemi with 3.92 and no E-Torque. When I'm at a stop light I'm across the intersection before the cars next to me get halfway through the street also; sometimes they are even left in a cloud of tire smoke.

I have Hemi with 3.92 and E-Torque and this thing is slug compared to my wifes new car. I don't even want give it any power any more its so slow lol. To be fair though - most people ease into the gas - your the guy to get t-boned while I watch someone run a red light.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if FCA was going to release an official eTORQUE emblem at some point? I have the Pentastar, so my hood emblems have the blank spot where the 5.7 goes on the Hemi. They missed an opportunity on the branding, use the MOPAR m rotated 90 degrees couterclockwise so it's an e, make it green instead of blue, and put TORQUE in the normal font. Can somebody mock this up for me? I'd love to see how it would actually look. like a standalone badge.
Keep in mind that the Mopar "M" logo is trademarked. If you find someone to lay out your proposed design for you, that's your business, but if you try to get them 3d-printed or whatever and sell them, you might run afoul of Mopar's attorneys.
Interestingly, "eTorque" is not trademarked, neither is "EcoDiesel".

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The E-torque shines when you are towing. Don't tow? Then you probably won't care or notice any difference.

I love the E-torque just because I can accelerate almost the same with 7,000 Lbs in tow compared to a Non-E-torque which will have more lag.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have Hemi with 3.92 and E-Torque and this thing is slug compared to my wifes new car. I don't even want give it any power any more its so slow lol. To be fair though - most people ease into the gas - your the guy to get t-boned while I watch someone run a red light.
I guess I would get a new truck then....bonus. ;)

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Coming from a Range Rover Supercharged, I could tell you my eTorque reminds me of the RR. When at a stop, when the light changes hit the pedal and you fly across the intersection faster than the trucks next to you. I have a goof with it. It especially gives the truck the momentum for a smooth cruise without guzzling the gas and feeling the gears go crazy. I personally love it and wouldn't buy my 1500 without it. I'd love RAM to make us a Hood Badge that we could swap out.

MF2020

Reaction score
Yea, I don't want an eTorque badge either. Truck came with eTorque so I have it. Auto stop/start is mostly unnoticeable (in a good way) so I leave it on. Highway for me is about 17.5MPG and all around average is about 14.5MPG. This is overall about 2mpg better than my 2011 Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI so perhaps there is small small benefit here, hard to say. However, this truck pulls a trailer "Way" better. Effortless takeoffs, so maybe the eTorque is helping here the most. I don't know, just guessing. Could be the 8 speed transmission is helping too.

Users who are viewing this thread