5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ETorque/Battery problem

Lesjim

Reaction score
2021 RAM 1500 3.6L v6 ETorque Normally the battery voltage indicates 14.3 volts while charging/traveling. After a1400 mile trip,I was checking the voltage indication and it showed 13.6 volts. As I continued, the voltage progressively decreased to 13.3. It never recovered to its normal 14.3. No indicator lites. I checked the battery stopped after I disconnected the battery cables and it indicated 13.3. I am traveling and am concerned about continuing the trip. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any help.

Lesjim

Reaction score
...It's above 12v...
I know that 12.6 volts is a fully charged battery but I have never seen the voltage level any less than 14.3 volts with the engine running. I am not that conversant with the ETorque system. Possibly the charge level decreases if the battery is fully charged. I hope that this is the case. I am trying to get a more experienced person to chime in and confirm that there is no problem.

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
2021 RAM 1500 3.6L v6 ETorque Normally the battery voltage indicates 14.3 volts while charging/traveling. After a1400 mile trip,I was checking the voltage indication and it showed 13.6 volts. As I continued, the voltage progressively decreased to 13.3. It never recovered to its normal 14.3. No indicator lites. I checked the battery stopped after I disconnected the battery cables and it indicated 13.3. I am traveling and am concerned about continuing the trip. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any help.
I’m pretty sure it’s normal. Your battery is charged enough as you’re driving it for a longer distance than usual. The system reduces the charge rate to prevent overcharging.

Lesjim

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s normal. Your battery is charged enough as you’re driving it for a longer distance than usual. The system reduces the charge rate to prevent overcharging.
Thank you for your response. As I continued my trip I found that the voltage fluctuations were normal.

Users who are viewing this thread