5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Equipment groups questions

dannydyn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking to get a Rebel, and have a few of questions:

• Which starting equipment group offers the wireless cellphone charging in the front counsel?
  • Can the Uconnect app start the ’19 Rebel remotely?
  • Does the Rebel12 offer a better/upgraded stereo/speakers system? I’ve seen some videos on YouTube which mention a Harman Kardon system as part of the Rebel12 group??? I don’t see anything stereo specific on Ram’s website, other than a separate, standalone “9-speakers with subwoofer” ($595) package.
  • Lastly, I am confused a little bit by the Equipment groups offered on the Rebel. I was hoping someone could help me decipher the packages:

Looking on Ram’s website, the following items are listed as included in each one of the three equipment groups (L1, L2, Rebel 12):

Apple CarPlay®
Auto-Dimming Exterior Driver Mirror
Exterior Mirrors with Supplemental Signals
Exterior Mirrors with Courtesy Lamps
Foam Bottle Insert (Door Trim Panel)
Google Android Auto™
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Integrated Center Stack Radio
Power Adjustable Pedals
Power-Folding Mirrors (N/A w/Trailer-Tow Mirrors)
Pwr Heated Mirrors w/Fold-Away N/A w/Towing Mirrors
Rear Dome Lamp with On / Off Switch
Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
Rear Window Defroster
Single-Disc Remote CD Player
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
Uconnect® 4 with 8.4-Inch Display
Universal Garage-Door Opener

In addition to the above, the L2 group ($2,000) adds the following:

115V Auxiliary Rear-Power Outlet
A/C Auto Temperature Control w/ Dual Zone Control
Media Hub-2 USB, Full Function / Charge Only
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
Rain-Sensitive Windshield Wipers
Rear Under-Seat Compartment Storage

Lastly, the Rebel-12 ($2,995) lists the following, Rebel12-specific items:

12.0-Inch Touchscreen Display
Disassociated Touchscreen Display
GPS Navigation
HD™ Radio
Luxury Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats
1-Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
5-Year SiriusXM® Traffic Service
SiriusXM® Travel Link 5-Year Travel Link Sub
5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service
SiriusXM® with 360L
Uconnect® 4C NAV with 12-Inch Display
USB Host Flip

L1 & L2 are pretty straightforward. For an additional $1,000, the L2 group adds 6 items to the list of items in L1. However, I’m confused with the Rebel12 group. It is priced $5 below the L2 ($2,995 vs. $3,000), has EVERYTHING the L2 has, PLUS you get a bigger screen, luxury leather seats, and all those SiriusXM features for less money than thee L2 group?!?! I’m sure I’m missing something here. If someone can please explain to me how or why the Rebel12 is cheaper than the L2 group, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

kjn86

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking to get a Rebel, and have a few of questions:

• Which starting equipment group offers the wireless cellphone charging in the front counsel?
  • Can the Uconnect app start the ’19 Rebel remotely?
  • Does the Rebel12 offer a better/upgraded stereo/speakers system? I’ve seen some videos on YouTube which mention a Harman Kardon system as part of the Rebel12 group??? I don’t see anything stereo specific on Ram’s website, other than a separate, standalone “9-speakers with subwoofer” ($595) package.
  • Lastly, I am confused a little bit by the Equipment groups offered on the Rebel. I was hoping someone could help me decipher the packages:

L1 & L2 are pretty straightforward. For an additional $1,000, the L2 group adds 6 items to the list of items in L1. However, I’m confused with the Rebel12 group. It is priced $5 below the L2 ($2,995 vs. $3,000), has EVERYTHING the L2 has, PLUS you get a bigger screen, luxury leather seats, and all those SiriusXM features for less money than thee L2 group?!?! I’m sure I’m missing something here. If someone can please explain to me how or why the Rebel12 is cheaper than the L2 group, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Few answer as I understand it:

1. I don't think you can get the wireless on Rebel at all. It isn't part of the packages, just another add-on like trailer tow group or bed utility group. From what I remember, only certain trims had this option. You could find out for sure by building a Rebel on ramtrucks.com and see if you can add it. I looked at hundreds of window stickers and don't remember seeing it on an Rebel.

2. Uconnect app (when it works) can start it remotely, yes. Also unlock, lock, sound hound, etc.

3. Rebel 12 offers the 19-speaker system. Normal Rebels have 6 speakers, upgraded to 9 speakers if you pay for it. Can't get the 19 speakers without Rebel 12.

4. For equipment packages, as I understand it, you would get L2 and then ALSO Rebel 12. I have L2, for example on mine, but none of the things on Rebel 12 (speakers, 12-inch screen, leather seats). So for the Rebel 12 package, you take the L2 and then add on the Rebel 12 things. You could then pay for Rebel 12 PLUS the L2 package. The Rebel 12 package doesn't include L2 plus the Rebel 12 features for the same price. Look at the window stickers from a Rebel 12 and you can see they charge for both.

My advice is to check out as many window stickers as you can to see what is available and at what prices plus build your desired truck at ramtrucks.com then compare what you want to what's available to what you NEED to find the right balance.

dannydyn

Reaction score
Thank you very much guys. The website was a little misleading the way it has the packages listed as add-ons. One would expect that if you select the Rebel12 group, you should be notified that L2 (and L1) will be required.

Thanks again, much appreciated

halla

Reaction score
I have seen the wireless charging console on ebay and a few other places, looks like a pretty easy install if you wish to have it on the Rebel. I think it would be a nice edition and I will probably add it.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check with your dealer about the Harman Kardon system... it's been removed from the online configurator..

halla

Reaction score
So now the Rebel 12 package is the same price, but you lose the 19 speaker HK system? I am hoping this is a typo on the build site, if not I have waited for 2 months to order and every week they are getting rid of options and keeping the price the same.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
So now the Rebel 12 package is the same price, but you lose the 19 speaker HK system? I am hoping this is a typo on the build site, if not I have waited for 2 months to order and every week they are getting rid of options and keeping the price the same.

I am in the same situation. I am hoping they announce something with the rebel during the Detroit auto show that starts January 14th. The RAM 2500 is supposed to be announced but I am also hoping they announce an 'updated' the Rebel trim.

Last edited:

dannydyn

Reaction score
My understanding after speaking to my dealer is that the HK 12-spearker system is only available on the Laramie LH and Limited trim levels. The Rebel12 does not give you any upgraded system. The 'premium' 9-speaker Alpine is an add-on option even on the Rebel12 (which I think is BS IMO).

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My understanding after speaking to my dealer is that the HK 12-spearker system is only available on the Laramie LH and Limited trim levels. The Rebel12 does not give you any upgraded system. The 'premium' 9-speaker Alpine is an add-on option even on the Rebel12 (which I think is BS IMO).

I asked my dealer the very same question last Saturday. He said the HK system is absolutely included in the Rebel12 package.

Childish :poop:

(n)

RAMDJ

Reaction score

The 19-speaker HK comes/came with the Rebel 12. The configurator allows you to overwrite it for an "upgrade price" to the 9 speaker Alpine. A lot of dealers / sales people / ordering managers don't understand or read what a vehicle has nor do they seem to care a lot of times. I believe they just check boxes. To me, a sales person is just someone that is standing in the way and they serve no purpose. Same goes with dealers. Let the manufactures sell directly and cut out all those middle men fees.

Last edited:

dannydyn

Reaction score
see post #2:rolleyes:

This is straight from Ram's website. I'm not sure where or on who's part the confusion is, but I don't see any menioning of HK-12 as part of the Rebel12 package:

46667662571_31a22282c9_b.jpg

As oppose to the Level1 group on the Leremie Long Horn:

39702800713_b42714602f_o.jpg

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't help when FCA adds new option packages but doesn't update the brochures.

RAMDJ

Reaction score
This is straight from Ram's website. I'm not sure where or on who's part the confusion is, but I don't see any menioning of HK-12 as part of the Rebel12 package:

46667662571_31a22282c9_b.jpg

As oppose to the Level1 group on the Leremie Long Horn:

39702800713_b42714602f_o.jpg

There are a lot of mistakes on the site such as the one I have posted below when checking for incentives. I am going to hope it is just another mistake made by a outsourced web developer.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 4.19.23 PM.png

RAMDJ

Reaction score
Oh and this is also listed on the site still but again maybe the developers haven't updated it yet:
Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 5.26.59 PM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread