5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stopped running after jump

ddartford

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I have a 2009 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummings diesel with a 6 speed manual transmission. I bought the truck from my company for a song. I have driven it for years and it was in good running condition. The truck has 75,000 miles on it. Not a lot of miles as it sat in Denver for a time. I was filling the truck from my auxiliary tank that uses a 12 volt motor. I attached the leads to the battery as I have done so many times before. As soon as I switched on the aux tank pump, the truck shut off. I disconnected the aux tank pump and tried to starts the truck.

NOTHING! I have lights in the cab, readings on the gauges, radio works, windows etc.

I check the owners manual and the fuse box to no end.

I am thinking some module went out or that there is some fuse I have not seen. The tuck has seen its share of brackish water (salt water) in travels to various oil wells in Texas so there is a bit of rust around...

Any ideas?

Awood05

Reaction score
My guess is your alternator went out. Or it could simply be a weak battery. Do you know how many volts your battery is putting out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread