5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine stalling 5.7 etorque

dbjornbe

Reaction score
I’ll add my 2021 5.7 e-torque Laramie (13k miles) to the list of stalling trucks. The truck wasn’t warmed up completely, maybe less than 10mins of driving time. I was making a low speed left turn and then went to accelerate towards a stop sign, as I let off the gas the truck stalled and I luckily coasted to a slow stop without any incident. It was a low traffic side road but I wasn’t able to stop for the stop sign. This is a major safety concern. When the truck stopped it auto engaged the parking braking and shifted into park. I restarted it without any problems and then continued home. Note: This is probably completely not related but the only thing I did differently was change the dash “theme” to “rebel” that morning. Which is something I’ve never done yet with the truck. I did notice last week while driving the truck was downloading/installing updates. At this point I’m calling the dealer to take it in. I also found this TSB which seems to be related.

Attachments

• D5D25965-B630-4A49-89C1-77B7E8EA809F.jpeg
    D5D25965-B630-4A49-89C1-77B7E8EA809F.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 40

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
You're joining an unfortunately growing list. Mine is on the list as well. It's unnerving but luckily happening at low speeds for most people. I can't imagine this happening on the interstate. Mine slammed into park and the parking break around 5mph which was very hard on the vehicle I'm sure. I had no control at all.

Users who are viewing this thread