5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine Noise

Mgollifer

Reaction score
My dad and I added two more 2019 Ram 1500’s to our garages in September and October. It has been getting cold here in Indiana down to single digits at night already in November at times. When going to work in mornings and trucks have set out in cold we have experienced horrible engine drones that pierce your ears. The drones are harmonic like and go away after the engine warms up. The rpm’s do not change at all when idle in park and the harmonic drone will go up and down and really hurts your ears. Will do as you take off on your drive as well. I didn’t know with as materials shrink and expand if this could be around the motor mounts with the engine. I know it is not the exhaust. Kinda out of ideas on this one.

Thanks for any help/advice

LaRamie

Reaction score
Try rolling window down to disable the noise cancellation system? First place I would start, plenty of cases of it happening with others on here. They may be able to give you something more to go by than that.

Mgollifer

Reaction score
Try rolling window down to disable the noise cancellation system? First place I would start, plenty of cases of it happening with others on here. They may be able to give you something more to go by than that.

I tried that the first few times that it happen and got out of the truck to try and hear. Seems to stay in the cab when happening and cannot hear it outside of the truck.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Sounds like a noise cancellation issue, trip to dealer may be in order. At least if it will do it they can try something to fix it. Hate the problems they can never replicate

shawnz28

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I think I have the same issue maybe. i heard it once or twice last year but started again recently a few times. The noise while doesnt change frequency with engine speed will maybe get a bit louder when does happen. Usually only for a 1 to 3 seconds at a time. If I park and restart the truck it is gone

nlindste

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I think I have the same issue maybe. i heard it once or twice last year but started again recently a few times. The noise while doesnt change frequency with engine speed will maybe get a bit louder when does happen. Usually only for a 1 to 3 seconds at a time. If I park and restart the truck it is gone
That definitely sounds like it is a noise cancellation issue. There is a TSB regarding the ANC amp update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/52s24zhwq...tive Noise Cancellation (ANC) Module.pdf?dl=0

Users who are viewing this thread