5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EndLink possibly Clunking

ryanrod22

Reaction score
I had a 2” Mopar Lift Kit installed on my 2020 1500. Everything started off fine but started getting a clunking noise when accelerating and decelerating a month or two after install. I’ve never really looked into sway bar endlinks so I’m not sure what angle they are supposed to be at. I added a picture of both my passenger and driver side endlinks and would like some input on if they appear to be at a bad angle and possibly causing my clunking.

Attachments

• IMG_7361.jpeg
    IMG_7361.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7366.jpeg
    IMG_7366.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 52

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I experienced the same for a while until I retorqued all the fasteners. Still think I need adjustable links because, like you said, the angle feels a little harsh.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Had the same setup and issue. Bought new sway bar bushings and replaced my end links with these. All fixed in 30 mins! IMG_9042.jpeg

Last edited:

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bringing this back up as I have a question about this. What am I missing here?

I spoke with Suspension Maxx and told them that I will be installing the Bilstein 5100s in the front and they recommended that I order the "For Leveled" end links rather than the "Stock" endlinks. Why do I need longer endlinks when the sway bar attaches to the LCA and the sway bar? What is being impacted by raining the front end when the LCA is in the same position it was? Am I missing something that's staring me in the face?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bringing this back up as I have a question about this. What am I missing here?

I spoke with Suspension Maxx and told them that I will be installing the Bilstein 5100s in the front and they recommended that I order the "For Leveled" end links rather than the "Stock" endlinks. Why do I need longer endlinks when the sway bar attaches to the LCA and the sway bar? What is being impacted by raining the front end when the LCA is in the same position it was? Am I missing something that's staring me in the face?
It attaches to LCA, but also the frame. And the frame is raised up higher. Meaning you need longer end links to keep the sway bar at correct geometry

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It attaches to LCA, but also the frame. And the frame is raised up higher. Meaning you need longer end links to keep the sway bar at correct geometry

🤔 Alrighty then. I knew this!!! Thanks

Julio13

Reaction score
Anyone installed these on a 2wd big horn with level I see it says for 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread