5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

END OF AN ERA! Ram Looks To Discontinue Regular Cab, Short Box Offering In 2023!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

END OF AN ERA! Ram Looks To Discontinue Regular Cab, Short Box Offering In 2023!​

Long Box Model Will Continue Though...​

1664240216465.png

For the past four model years, if you needed to purchase a Regular Cab pickup from Ram you had to look no further than the Ram 1500 Classic (DS). While the fifth-generation Ram 1500 (DT) pickups never offered a Regular Cab model, the fourth-generation version picked up the slack.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2-door short-bed days are far behind me, but I feel like there is still a market for this configuration, especially one that would be equipped with the new I6. I wonder if Ram has/would consider building a 2-door short-bed DT? If nothing else it would be the most fuel efficient truck in their lineup, especially in 2wd form.

Last edited:

Dewey

Reaction score
Can’t remember the last time I’ve even seen one of these on the road. Such low volume it’s not surprising they would eliminate them. Not saying it’s a good thing but not totally unexpected.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
The single cab short bed Hemi RAM has long been my image of RAM trucks, but as mentioned the market isn't really there anymore for that configuration.

Flokijea

Reaction score
I have a 14 RCSB, and it was extremely hard to find one with the hemi and 4wd. After 6 months I found a great deal and pulled the trigger asap.

Couldn't be happier. Looks great, tons of power, averaging 20mpg on my daily drive, and plenty of capacity for this bachelor. They're not for everyone, but it's sad to see them go.

Users who are viewing this thread