5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emergency Accessories, Tools, Essentials

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just came from another thread discussing the quality of the included jack with our trucks and thought I’d start a thread asking what type of emergency/roadside/bugout gear everyone is carrying.

First aid kits. Survival gear. Flares. Lights. Portable Jacks. Battery jump packs. Tools. Blankets. Etc

What type of emergency gear do you carry in your rig and if you think it would be useful to the other members include the brand and link if possible.

Klute

Reaction score
In addition to above. Cheap gloves, ponchos, duct tape, cresent wrench, pliers and wind up flashlight.

U

User_21361

In addition to above. Cheap gloves, ponchos, duct tape, cresent wrench, pliers and wind up flashlight.
Snow chains, shovel, tie downs, small pry bar (great for breaking up ice), blanket, water, water filter, fire starting equipment, FAK.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
I have 3 shovels, 2 snow shovels in the bed, that way if I'm helping somebody they dont have an excuse not to shovel lol, and I also have one of those fold up military style shovels in one of the floor bins.
Tow strap
Recovery strap
Shackles and frame hooks
Jumper cables
Road flares
Zippo lighter and a can of fluid plus extra flint for it and a few wicks in an old medicine bottle.
Couple pairs of gloves
Backpack with a couple days if clothes and essentials in it incase I ever end up having to stay somewhere, or get wet or dirty and need to change.
Buck 110 hunting knife
Leatherman OHT
a toolbox with your basic stuff like pliers, screwdrivers wrenches, sockets, hatchet and a crowbar (crowbar is probably the most used item in it)
A roll of paracord
First aid kit
A couple MREs in the backpack also
A book I've been trying to find time to read in the glovebox, so if I'm stuck and waiting I got something to do.
Sig Sauer P229 with 3 spare mags
And if I'm going farther than the grocery store (small town) usually either an ar15, cz scorpion pistol with brace, or a hunting rifle or shotgun, depending on time of year.

Probably other stuff I cant think of right now.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have 3 shovels, 2 snow shovels in the bed, that way if I'm helping somebody they dont have an excuse not to shovel lol, and I also have one of those fold up military style shovels in one of the floor bins.
Tow strap
Recovery strap
Shackles and frame hooks
Jumper cables
Road flares
Zippo lighter and a can of fluid plus extra flint for it and a few wicks in an old medicine bottle.
Couple pairs of gloves
Backpack with a couple days if clothes and essentials in it incase I ever end up having to stay somewhere, or get wet or dirty and need to change.
Buck 110 hunting knife
Leatherman OHT
a toolbox with your basic stuff like pliers, screwdrivers wrenches, sockets, hatchet and a crowbar (crowbar is probably the most used item in it)
A roll of paracord
First aid kit
A couple MREs in the backpack also
A book I've been trying to find time to read in the glovebox, so if I'm stuck and waiting I got something to do.
Sig Sauer P229 with 3 spare mags
And if I'm going farther than the grocery store (small town) usually either an ar15, cz scorpion pistol with brace, or a hunting rifle or shotgun, depending on time of year.

Probably other stuff I cant think of right now.
That sounds like your whole payload worth of stuff!

derp

Reaction score
I have a small toolbox with a screwdriver set, socket set, utility knife, battery terminal brush, gorilla tape, a couple of fuses, and loose screw,bolt,nuts.
teflon tape, multimeter, can of fix a flat, non slip gloves, wire nuts, a bottle of oil, small vise grips.

I tend to carry the essentials to fix the problems I have had with beaters from the past. small electrical faults, bad batteries, busted hoses, low oil, flat tires, trailer woes, body panels a rattling.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
how does that fix a flat tire or a dead battery ?
The question wasn't about flat tires (the truck already has a spare and a jack) or dead batteries (that's what roadside assistance is for). The question asked what type of emergency/roadside/bugout gear is everyone carrying. A pistol is the ultimate Bug Out gear.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something I've been meaning to add to my first aid pouch that isn't typically standard is a tourniquet. Why that is not standard in most ala carte first aid kits defies the mind.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
The question wasn't about flat tires (the truck already has a spare and a jack) or dead batteries (that's what roadside assistance is for). The question asked what type of emergency/roadside/bugout gear is everyone carrying. A pistol is the ultimate Bug Out gear.
Correction, a rifle is the ultimate bugout gear.

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I unfortunately moved from a fairly gun friendly state (VA) to one of the most unfriendly (MD) so no more ccw/firearms in vehicles for me. That said, very similar stuff others have mentioned: multiple flashlights, power inverter, handheld electric air pump w/spare battery & charger, fire extinguisher, first aid kit, 2-way radios, jumper cables, traction mats, tire plug kit, bungee cords/ratchet tie downs, tow straps, e-tool...pretty much the basic stuff. My "get home bag" though, now that's a different story ;)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pretty extensive first aid kit(for it's size) as well as a survival kit. Set of jumper cables, a jump box, fire extinguisher (still trying to figure out where I want to mount it), and a snatch strap.firsr aid kits survival kits and jumper cables are in my floor storage bins. Snatch strap and jump box under rear driver's side seat. Fire extinguisher just kind of floating around right now.

THRIAID Emergency Survival First Aid Kit with Tourniquet, 6" Israeli Bandage, Splint, Military Combat Tactical Molle IFAK EMT for Trauma Wound Care, Battle, Bleeding Control and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085GJBGK1/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_FPG9ZGDEKX06G248D7FC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Survival kit
LEVORY J Gifts for Men Dad... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0855SHY9C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Jump box, have used it once.
Nexpow 2000A Peak 18000mAh Car... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087LRFYDB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:

mcat79

Reaction score
Tarp
Portable lithium battery jumper
Ridgid tire inflator
Gloves
First aid kit
Crow bar
Ratchet straps
Jumper cables
Paracord