5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Electrical Issues

JWHorner

Reaction score
I have a 2020 2500 Tradesman. I have aftermarket audio components installed. 2 amps, a signal processor, subwoofer and new speakers in the doors and dash. I had the speakers, sub and first amp installed about 6 months ago but was underwhelmed by the performance so went back and had them add the processor and the other amp about 1 month ago. 2 weeks ago I got in my truck and there was no radio at all, couldn't even turn it on. The HVAC was also unresponsive along with the front windows.

Long story short I got the audio equipment installed in a different state than I live. I took it into a local audio shop and they couldn't figure it out and said it was a Ram issue (local dealer is booked out for a month). Tried taking it to a local repair shop and they said they wouldn't touch it because of the aftermarket parts.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I want to be mad at Ram, the audio shop, anyone and really I'm just mad at myself for trying to get better audio in my truck. Now after spending thousands of dollars on equipment I have no radio at all. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

-Frustrated in Bozeman

JWHorner

Reaction score
Along with aforementioned issues I also lost blindspot monitoring and rear park sensors

Users who are viewing this thread