5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge pulsar on my 2019 ram longhorn 1500

Longhorn big foot

Reaction score
Hey guys, I installed the edge pulsar 32453 on my truck last week. The only thing it did was put up the rpms, the Throttle leg remained and it put up alot of codes and made my truck run like **** in limp mode. Restarting the truck fixed it afew times this week but today I attempted to update with Agent 1.0 using Pulsar OBDII to USB Update Cable - 98105.
It completely ****ed my truck up putting it in limp mode and I had to remove the pulsar. I will attach a picture of all the codes that showed up from the dealer today. I also called edge tech support for the install and the first guy hung up on me and the second guy asked my why I was updating it like I was doing something wrong. Please don't waste your time with this ****ty product.

Attachments

• 20200918_211219.jpg
    20200918_211219.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 53

Mark313

Reaction score
I had a few different Pulsars my 2019 Bighorn didn't like any of them and had to return them all.

bhurst10

Reaction score
I am just seeing your post I just added the Pulsar to my 2019 Limted. When I first did it mines did all those things you described. Disclaimer I bought my Pulsar used so I contacted the seller and he assured me that he didn't have any issues with it and he had the same truck as I did. So I took it off and I was to the point of saying screw it maybe mines just will not take. So I took it off put everything back to where it was. When I took the Pulsar off I started just looking at it and discovered when I installed it the first time 3 of the FINGER CONNECTING PINS HAD GOTTEN BENT. So I took jewelers screw driver and bent them back to the correct shape and position and reconnected it and made sure to be careful putting it back on and BAM that was my problem. I cleared the codes updated it with the 1.0 update from my laptop to my OBT port and it has been running like a champ ever since. Not saying this is your problem just telling my experience. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had a Pulsar in my truck for a year now. No issues, very responsive. I made sure I completely seated the connection on the PCM. You must hear an audible click as it snaps into place in order to be seated properly. And as a side note, I’ve never removed mine for dealer servicing, they’ve never mentioned it’s existence. 36,000 miles and counting.

Mark313

Reaction score
I loved the Pulsar "when it worked" Like I said prior I went through several returns and couldn't get it to work correctly. I would check the pins and they were always good "bummer"...

Users who are viewing this thread