5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EcoGuard S11880: Replacement for Mopar EcoDiesel 3rd Gen Filter

Hogzfan

Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this filter? It was gonna happen sooner or later... another company would make a filter.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting it shows as available since December, but this is the first mention I've seen of it and it only has 2 reviews. There was another aftermarket filter on Amazon, but it had bad reviews for causing oil pressure issues. EcoGuard's last-gen EcoD engine filter has great reviews, so I'm inclined to believe this one will actually be a good alternative. I won't be one to test it out though. Just changed my oil and used the OEM filter ($44 on eBay), so I'm good for awhile.

Hogzfan

Reaction score
I ordered it, and a standard oem Mopar filter. I will post my thoughts/notes soon. Over on the jeep ecodiesel forum only one post with two comments on it...first said it was cheap feeling. Another guy said he won't trust the Chinese junk over oem and $15.

Reactions: c3k

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the small price difference, I'll stick with Mopar. $10 bucks now could cost you $10,000 later.

JGRaider

Reaction score
I installed it in my last oil change. It's a dead ringer for the Mopar version. Haven't noticed any difference after 2k, yet anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if it is made in the same place as Mopar's.

JGRaider

Reaction score
For the small price difference, I'll stick with Mopar. $10 bucks now could cost you $10,000 later.

For the record, Ecoguard is $23.45, Mopar is $49.86. Even if you use dieselfiltersonline, by the time you add shipping there is way more than a $10 difference, obviously.

PNWDiesel

Reaction score
I didn't see this when I did my 2nd oil change a few weeks back, damn. Now if we could get a new fuel filter housing / relocation setup for the 3rd gens I'd be happy.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered it, and a standard oem Mopar filter. I will post my thoughts/notes soon. Over on the jeep ecodiesel forum only one post with two comments on it...first said it was cheap feeling. Another guy said he won't trust the Chinese junk over oem and $15.
The OEM filters are also made in China. Likely in the same factory.

Hogzfan

Reaction score
Well, not much to say really about this new filter. It looks exactly the same, down to the embossed numbers on top. The oil pressure is the same so far as well. I'm not sure about the Ram warranty and this filter. But it is no different than someone using a Wix or Fram IMO.

Bad Notch

Reaction score
I also put the amazon filter in on this oil change today. It is 100% identical to the OEM filter.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, not much to say really about this new filter. It looks exactly the same, down to the embossed numbers on top. The oil pressure is the same so far as well. I'm not sure about the Ram warranty and this filter. But it is no different than someone using a Wix or Fram IMO.
I don't know about any Wix diesel engine filters but Wix gas engine filters meet the SAE/USCAR-36 spec required by FCA/Stellantis (and Ford if I remember correctly).

Users who are viewing this thread