5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay remote start installed!

judsonlimited

Reaction score
So my lone star did not come with remote start which was a bummer. All of my prior vehicles have had it so i thought i could get by without it. Turns out i couldn't. I got sick of not being able to remote start my truck and hear the rumble of the exhaust. So i did some research and found an ebay kit for $150. The seller is warmcarnow and they have their own website too. I saw the instruction videos and figured why the hell not so i pulled the trigger. Came priority mail so i got it a lot quicker than i had planned. it comes with the programming device and "decryptor" as well. it uses the factory key fob you just push the lock button three times. Was a very easy install only problem was a part was broken when i got it but they had a replacement out to me in two days.

here is the link if anyone is interested.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So my lone star did not come with remote start which was a bummer. All of my prior vehicles have had it so i thought i could get by without it. Turns out i couldn't. I got sick of not being able to remote start my truck and hear the rumble of the exhaust. So i did some research and found an ebay kit for $150. The seller is warmcarnow and they have their own website too. I saw the instruction videos and figured why the hell not so i pulled the trigger. Came priority mail so i got it a lot quicker than i had planned. it comes with the programming device and "decryptor" as well. it uses the factory key fob you just push the lock button three times. Was a very easy install only problem was a part was broken when i got it but they had a replacement out to me in two days.

here is the link if anyone is interested.

How long was the install?

judsonlimited

Reaction score
From start to finish about an hour and a half but i took my time with it. I did have to stop and wait 3 days for the replacement module which was broken but once that arrived a plugged it in, programmed it and re-installed it. Hardest part is getting your hands in the tight spaces to get the needed wiring free. The instruction videos they provide are clear and precise.

Users who are viewing this thread