5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

easiest tonneau cover to install and remove

jerseyjoe

Reaction score
New truck owner, apologies in advance for my ignorance of a great many things.

I'm looking to cover the bed when we take road trips - want to keep luggage, etc clean and dry (and modestly secure, though that's a much lower priority). However, this will only be for travel, bed will be uncovered all other times. So I'm looking for a tonneau cover that is really easy/fast to install and remove.

Crew cab, 5'7" bed, RamBox, Bed Utility Group, Multifunction Tailgate.

I welcome any suggestions, seems like the RamBox and MFT are my biggest limiting factors.

Thanks.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This might help

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If security is at the low end of the totem pole, I love my cover. Easy to remove when needed and also allows full bed access when it is installed. So far has kept my bed clean and dry. Truxedo Lo Pro...not sure if it it works with the MFT though.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score

I'm looking to cover the bed when we take road trips - want to keep luggage, etc clean and dry (and modestly secure, though that's a much lower priority). However, this will only be for travel, bed will be uncovered all other times. So I'm looking for a tonneau cover that is really easy/fast to install and remove.

I welcome any suggestions, seems like the RamBox and MFT are my biggest limiting factors.

Thanks.
Truxwdo sentry ct for rambox.. took me 15 mins and pops right off

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thekidcasual

Reaction score

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Tyger, and I would suggest that, but I don't think they make them for Rambox, much less MFT. On/off the truck in under 5 minutes.

jerseyjoe

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies. Looks like there is a Truxedo Lo Pro option for RamBox and MFT.

The promo video mentions attaching rails. I already have silver rails that were part of the BUG.

Is using the OEM rails an option for any tonneau covers?

Mchurch52

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies. Looks like there is a Truxedo Lo Pro option for RamBox and MFT.

The promo video mentions attaching rails. I already have silver rails that were part of the BUG.

Is using the OEM rails an option for any tonneau covers?
I have a Truxedo Sentry CT on my 2020 with Ramboxes and the installation hardware is designed to work with the silver aluminum OEM rails. Very simple installation and the cover works great, quick to remove also. Should work fine for the MFT also.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have an access roll up and love it , when you want the use of the whole bed you just roll it up , when you’re done just roll it back . I think the Truxedo as mentioned already is the same .

JamesS

Reaction score
I have a Truxedo Sentry CT on my 2020 with Ramboxes and the installation hardware is designed to work with the silver aluminum OEM rails. Very simple installation and the cover works great, quick to remove also. Should work fine for the MFT also.
can you post some pictures of your truxedo bed cover? thanks in advance.

slatersan

Reaction score

Thanks.
Bakflip Revolver X4. I have that on the same setup you have. Love it.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
While you wait for th other guy to post better pics this is kind of how th Centry CT will look rolled up. It’s out of th way when needed easy install looks good too

Attachments

• 0DD17727-C2B8-4E75-B032-C6D5FEE1AD56.jpeg
    0DD17727-C2B8-4E75-B032-C6D5FEE1AD56.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 97

DSTJ99

Reaction score
If you like the LoPro check out the Prox15 too by Truxedo. Essentially the same cover but has a fabric convertible style top that is matte vs. the shiny vinyl look. Quickly bolts onto the silver rail and can be removed in probably under a minute. Works great with Rambox, mft and bed utility group. Sentry CT model would be next step up with more security. I considered that one too but I park in my garage and don’t really store stuff in the bed ever so I wasn’t worried about security.

574faa8015bbe98afe6d04a5789aa91c.jpg

98153cbf5bc69f185e367bcf0bf48911.jpg

0a473bc2b11c916e6630d44910aa2171.jpg

d6c3fbee51a7800bd11894b2dcaa20eb.jpg

‘21 1500 Ltd, Max Steel / Indigo Frost

Yangster

Reaction score
While you wait for th other guy to post better pics this is kind of how th Centry CT will look rolled up. It’s out of th way when needed easy install looks good too
what kind of Bed Mat is that?

Mchurch52

Reaction score
R
My Sentry CT is covered in snow after a storm the other day, with more coming tonight. May be a day or two before I can get decent pics.

Users who are viewing this thread