5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-fan thermo switch

Phairse

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the thermo switch is located I think the body shop left it unplugged and I can’t find a wiring diagram. The fan comes on when the ac is on but does not come on when truck hits temp

Georgf

Reaction score
If you are talking about underhood engine cooling fan, it use not thermo switch but thermo resister sensor, which located on the right side of engine, just behind the drive belt (if you will see from front of vehicle it will be left side). It’s for 5,7 HEMI engine. But if I remember correct, if you unplug the sensor, fan will start immediately. Also wires from the sensor connected to ECM, not the fan directly, so don’t try check it with 12v.

Last edited:

Georgf

Reaction score
Picture

Attachments

• DB238F5D-BCB9-4B5A-A28F-E122C87EC8C8.jpeg
    DB238F5D-BCB9-4B5A-A28F-E122C87EC8C8.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13

Georgf

Reaction score
When on my Big Horn the fan stopped working, I check it with OBD2 scanner and found an error fan control wire, and then found and fixed it. I recommend going to the dealer and check it first.

Users who are viewing this thread