5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual 10” subwoofer enclosure

CrookedLetta

Reaction score
Anyone know the best website to get a subwoofer enclosure for 2, 10” subs for under the backseat? I found Supercrewsound, but they are very proud of their boxes.

DennisY

Reaction score
Anyone know the best website to get a subwoofer enclosure for 2, 10” subs for under the backseat? I found Supercrewsound, but they are very proud of their boxes.

I just ordered the dual 10 inch box from Supercrewsound. I thought the price was very competitive compared to others I found on the web. It arrives on Wednesday. I hope to be doing the install next weekend.

GOATinstructor

Reaction score
I just ordered the dual 10 inch box from Supercrewsound. I thought the price was very competitive compared to others I found on the web. It arrives on Wednesday. I hope to be doing the install next weekend.
Any follow up to this?

I've only found a few that make them for the 2019 new body.

FoxAcoustics
Ground-Shaker

And that's pretty much it. Very few pics floating around...

DennisY

Reaction score
Any follow up to this?

I've only found a few that make them for the 2019 new body.

FoxAcoustics
Ground-Shaker

And that's pretty much it. Very few pics floating around...

Yes! The SuperCrewSound box is working well for me! I now have TONS of bass! Fits nicely under the rear seat.

Attachments

• sub1.jpg
    sub1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 163
  • sub2.jpg
    sub2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 160
  • sub3.jpg
    sub3.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 165
  • sub4.jpg
    sub4.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 173
  • sub5.jpg
    sub5.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 170

rsfdevil

Reaction score
Yes! The SuperCrewSound box is working well for me! I now have TONS of bass! Fits nicely under the rear seat.
Looks cool. Its gotta hit hard now. How did you integrate cleanly with the stock head units? I have the 12" and I presume you do too considering you have a Limited. Do you need an amp and if so what did you go with exactly and where did you mount the amp and what do you need to tap into to get it to sound great? What did the box, 2 10", and amp if necessary, cost you?

DennisY

Reaction score
Hits pretty hard in my opinion! I actually have it dialed down a bit because when I first installed it, I had things turned up a bit and it was too much. Yes, I have the larger screen. I'm running the Uconnect audio equalizer at 0-0-0. (I have the TSB update for earlier 2019 builds that improves the HK system immensely.)

At first, I disconnected the audio cable from the sub behind the rear seat and ran that to the new dual subs. So however much power the stock amp puts out to the stock sub is what was driving the new subs. However, I was experiencing quite a bit of clipping, so a week or two later, I put in my own amp but still use the cable from the stock sub to drive the new amp. One might think that would overdrive the new amp but no, the amp I bought has input adjustments and I have it dialed down. It is operating quite well!

I mounted the amp behind the new sub box, on the sloped area. There was room there for the amp. There is also room on the flat spot in the middle underneath the rear seat. Someone else here mounted his there. He used a PAC AmpPro to tap into the audio in his set up. That's another nearly $300 and you have to pull the Uconnect dash display to tap into things, something I wasn't up for. He says it's not that difficult but I wanted to avoid the expense and trouble if possible so I went the way I described.

All that said, the SuperCrewSound box (https://www.supercrewsound.com/02ramCCdual.html) ran me $169 plus shipping. I went with dual 10's and the black carpet color. I had to remove the fold down thing under the rear seat and one other piece under there to get the box to fit like I wanted. If you go with that box, be sure to adhere to their request that you specify the make and model of the subs you will use. They will custom cut the holes to fit your subs. The ones I went with are a bit over-sized diameter-wise, and they cut the holes perfectly for me.

I did a lot of research on shallow subwoofers, and now, I think I could have gone with some that were a little deeper but... Anyway, I read some good things about the Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 subs and the price was right. In fact, I found them one Saturday at Walmart.com at $69 each! Right now they are $75 so still a good deal. Previously, I'd been leaning toward some JL Audio's or some other higher end brands but for the price, I figured I would give these a try. I was not disappointed!

All in all, I've never been a huge Pioneer fan but I also found good reviews on their GM-D8601 amp. So what the heck, I bought that too.

I did not initially use the power on cable for the amp and went with the auto sensor thing instead. (I had good luck with that in my previous set up from MTX [their Thunderform] in my F150.) I'm noticing a minute or so delay for the amp to come on so I'm going to wire the power on cable from the amp to the fuse panel under the steering column next weekend. I ordered a fuse tap that I read about here or the other forum and it will be here in a few days. I already have the wire as part of the kit below.

In addition, I needed a cabling kit. And I went with this one on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076XVD2YT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So all in all, I guess I spent around $500, maybe a little more. Most other guys are spending quite a bit more but I'm pretty happy with this set up. I'm into some good bass that I can really feel, and I'm happy with this set up.

6spdg37s

Reaction score
as soon as I get my truck Im looking to get a box... was looking at the fox ones...

James Cole

Reaction score
Hello Dennis

When connecting the subs directly to the OEM HK amp how many ohms were you running and was the power output decent?

Also what puzzles me is that you were getting clipping, what EQ settings and volume level did you have when the OEM amp started to clip?

DennisY

Reaction score
Hello Dennis

When connecting the subs directly to the OEM HK amp how many ohms were you running and was the power output decent?

Also what puzzles me is that you were getting clipping, what EQ settings and volume level did you have when the OEM amp started to clip?

Hi James,

I tried it with one sub (4 ohms) and both in parallel (2 ohms). Same result in both cases. I'm not sure what the HK amp output is. Perhaps it's 8 ohms.

Yes, the output audio level was great. I seemed to get clipping once I hit a volume setting of about 24 or so. This was generally with the EQ set to 0 or above. Going lower than zero seemed to defeat the whole purpose of having a new aftermarket sub.

Joekid

Reaction score
Looks great, importantly are the rear seats coming down completely? How much clearance do you have between sub n bottom of seat??

DennisY

Reaction score
Yes, the rear seats sit all the way down. They sit right on top of the speaker guard in the picture. Those sit a little higher than they need to but I like the look of them.

GOATinstructor

Reaction score
Would you be willing to post more pics? How does it look with the seat down looking at it from the drivers perspective? Any issues with the reclining seats? Did you order the black carpet and could they do a 12" sub cutout?

Thanks

FirstimeRAM

Reaction score
Subthump might give u one for free if you live close enough to him to let him use your truck as a model. He wants to make one for the new ram, but doesn't have vehicle handy. He's in Connersville Indiana.

DennisY

Reaction score
Would you be willing to post more pics? How does it look with the seat down looking at it from the drivers perspective? Any issues with the reclining seats? Did you order the black carpet and could they do a 12" sub cutout?

Thanks

Certainly. I'll post pics with the seat down by Sunday. Issues with reclining seats? Do you mean the fronts? No, none. Yes, I ordered the black carpet option so as to match my interior. I don't think they have a 12 inch option but you could email or call them to ask. Frankly, my dual 10s have so much bass that I have it dialed back. The 12s of course will give somewhat lower frequency response but the 10s are working well for me. It's a matter of personal preference of course. A custom box with 12's would protrude another two inches out from under the rear seat. You will see in my pics that I will post that mine just barely protrudes. Another two inches would be too much for my taste. Your mileage may vary.

DennisY

Reaction score

Thanks

Do these pictures help?

IMG_4670.jpg IMG_4671.jpg IMG_4672 (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread