5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Manual Hint?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was re-reading the latest Ram DT manual yesterday (5th edition) and noticed a weird reference. On page 88, it lists all of the climate control modes and includes this one:

Rear Climate Control Button
Press and release this button to access the rear climate controls. The indicator will illuminate when the rear climate controls are on.

To the best of my knowledge, Rams do not have rear climate controls. Is this just a gross error that's made it through 5 editions of manual, or an error that points to a future feature in another chassis, i.e. a Grand Wagoneer?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was re-reading the latest Ram DT manual yesterday (5th edition) and noticed a weird reference. On page 88, it lists all of the climate control modes and includes this one:

Rear Climate Control Button
Press and release this button to access the rear climate controls. The indicator will illuminate when the rear climate controls are on.

To the best of my knowledge, Rams do not have rear climate controls. Is this just a gross error that's made it through 5 editions of manual, or an error that points to a future feature in another chassis, i.e. a Grand Wagoneer?
And it's not referring to the rear seat heating / ventilation? You can control that through the 12" screen, as well as through the rear physical buttons.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, that's in another section of the manual. This is listing things like dash vents, floor vents, defrost, etc. This just pops out as odd.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be something we see on a future update if the hardware is in place? I've never seen any mention of it elsewhere.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Edwards I thought you were telling me my dreams were coming true...DT MANUAL hint...thought they were going to let me shift my own gears with 3 pedals.

Great find though. We need more wagoneer and Durango info.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@Edwards I thought you were telling me my dreams were coming true...DT MANUAL hint...thought they were going to let me shift my own gears with 3 pedals.

Great find though. We need more wagoneer and Durango info.

Ha! Sorry about that.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Very well could be hinting at Grand Wagoneer/Durango or possibly even the new HD Mega cabs.

Good catch.

MLB12

Reaction score
I don't want to be seen as stealing the OP's thunder, but here's another little tidbit that's in the '19 Owner's Manual.
In the Tailgate Section you'll see a reference to using the 'splitgate'. I'm not too sure how many of you are aware of this, but about three(3)) years ago Chrysler patented a multi-way tailgate, and there was a thought that it would show up on the '19s, as part of the redesign, but evidently not. Unless it shows up as a late, very late, availability.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to be seen as stealing the OP's thunder, but here's another little tidbit that's in the '19 Owner's Manual.
In the Tailgate Section you'll see a reference to using the 'splitgate'. I'm not too sure how many of you are aware of this, but about three(3)) years ago Chrysler patented a multi-way tailgate, and there was a thought that it would show up on the '19s, as part of the redesign, but evidently not. Unless it shows up as a late, very late, availability.

https://5thgenrams.com/complete-201...black-packages-multifunction-tailgate-listed/

Also listed in the features guide, I posted that back in January. Still haven't heard anything since then though.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I live not far from a Rousch testing facility. There test drive route goes right by my house. I remember seeing a new Ram with the split tailgate back at the end of last year. I was hoping it would make it in to production. Maybe next year.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Rear climate control is the logical next step for crew cabs and mega cabs. Looks like Ram is ready. They are already leading in rear seat controls with heated and cooled rear seats and comfort with legroom and reclining.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1539369656631.png

Yes, this will be a feature on the WS Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer that are equipped with the 12.1-inch UConnect screen in the 2021 model year. Manufacturers usually put a generalization of a parts-bin infotainment system in many different owners manuals.

Users who are viewing this thread