5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door/side protection

neurolink

Reaction score
Hello,

First post to this community. So much helpful information, thank you.

I have ordered a new Ram 1500 Limited here in France to be delivered in 2021. Anyone who has visited France will know the parking spaces are hardly welcoming! Therefore, I am looking for an easily removable 'bumper' side protection to prevent chunks being taken out of the doors/sides.

Any suggestions?

Neurolink

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Personally I'd rather park further away and walk than have those things hanging on my truck. But thats just me.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Running boards won't eliminate the concern for door dings, but they will certainly help.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe something like this.

"The Best Car Door Protector Panels: Made in the USA - DentGoalie" https://dentgoalie.com
Swing and a miss. I can see these causing all kinds of paint issues over time. Unless your truck is completely spotless, any dust that's on the surface can cause micro scratches. The more dirt/dust that's on it the higher the likely hood. Then there's the possibility of people playing with them. How many of us see a refrigerator magnet and can't resist lifting it and putting it back on? It's a good idea, but I'd rather park farther away and walk the extra distance.

Running boards won't eliminate the concern for door dings, but they will certainly help.
Running boards and a lift will probably eliminate most of the chances of getting a door ding in France. The majority of the vehicles there are sedans and wagons. At least that's what I primarily saw in all the European countries I visited last year. I saw like two full-sized pickups.

Users who are viewing this thread