5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the non eTorque Hemi have start-stop?

jastevenson

Reaction score
My impression is that the biggest advantage of eTorque is getting smooth start-stop behavior while still getting the fuel economy advantage.
Does the regular Hemi come with start stop also, or just the eTorque?
Thanks!

U

User_3336

I always hated start/stop. In my Cherokee, that button gets hit to turn it OFF every time it hits drive.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The stop/start in the Ram 1500 is the best I've ever used. There's almost zero delay when you lift off the brake. Having said that, I still disable it most of the time LOL

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always hated start/stop. In my Cherokee, that button gets hit to turn it OFF every time it hits drive.
Same. I turn it off as soon as I get in my wife's Cherokee. It is tolerable (fast and reasonably smooth) in my Ram so I leave it alone.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My truck doesn’t have eTorque, but going forward there may not be an option.
I hate traditional start/stop, but eTorque trucks are supposed to be super smooth, so the next time around I may not care.

Pyleketerson

Reaction score
Mine came with eTorque, which I wasn’t too excited about. But being a BTS in short supply I settled for it anyway. I’m happy to report it’s barely noticeable. I really didn’t want to have to turn it off every time I started it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unless you pay for the 33 gallon tank, the etorque also has a 23 gallon tank, regular Hemi 26 gallon.

TheGoogleNinja

Reaction score
My eTorque crew cab has the 26 gallon tank as well. It can be optioned. Also, I am among the group who are usually annoyed by the stop/start systems. But this one is actually quite good so I just leave it on. I believe it turns off automatically in tow/haul mode.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine came with eTorque, which I wasn’t too excited about. But being a BTS in short supply I settled for it anyway. I’m happy to report it’s barely noticeable. I really didn’t want to have to turn it off every time I started it.
It's part of my routine, and kind of second nature. Like putting on my seat belt and disabling MDS. I'd rather not have to go through that every time but I live with it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is very smooth, only thing is if the truck restarts to run the air conditioning while I'm still sitting at a light it may inch forward a bit if I don't have enough pressure on the brake pedal. I guess that is the extra torque kicking in.

Zig10

Reaction score
My '18 Expedition has start/stop and it is not very good. Shut it off every time I get in the car. My Ram etorque is completely seemless and I never shut it off. Definitely sets the bar for OSS.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
My '18 Expedition has start/stop and it is not very good. Shut it off every time I get in the car. My Ram etorque is completely seemless and I never shut it off. Definitely sets the bar for OSS.
Yeah... All vehicles I’ve ever driven with traditional start/stop (even luxury vehicles like the S550), have not been a good experience. Thankfully mild hybrids are starting to be more common on other brands as well, and I would not get a vehicle without it if start/stop was the only option.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Jaguar XF with start stop, its pretty good as is the start stop in my 2020 Limited, never bothered by either

Users who are viewing this thread