5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Rebel with air suspension option still have factory 1" lift?

Paulny

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the Rebel with the air suspension option still has the 1" factory lift that non air suspension Rebel's have? Does the "normal" mode in the air suspension keep the Rebel at a 1" ride height? I am curious how the air suspension system works with the Rebel, so any clarification is greatly appreciated.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about the 19, but my 16 in normal was the same height as a Longhorn in OR1. It should be the same for 19.

19Jake

Reaction score
REBEL AIR RIDE
Screenshot (74).png
note: 2" Mopar lift NOT designed to fit REBEL

Last edited:

th3duke

Reaction score
Thanks Jake! Glad to hear my Rebel will be 1" lifted at normal ride height.
I can definitely confirm that normal ride height (even at highway speeds if you want) is 1" higher, and 2" up to 40KM per hour.

Paulny

Reaction score
I can definitely confirm that normal ride height (even at highway speeds if you want) is 1" higher, and 2" up to 40KM per hour.

Thanks for the post. Can you elaborate on the 1" higher normal ride height "even at highway speeds if you want"? I thought the 1" lift is the default setting in normal ride height, but based on your comment is it something you have to enable permanently to keep it from going in "aero" mode even at highway speeds? Thanks for clarification.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel is like my Limited with ORP. Only four settings. You can choose to stay in Aero or Normal at any speed. Entry/Exit and Off-Road have speed limits to them. Exceed 15MPH in E/E and it will automatically raise. OR will automatically lower to Normal at 25MPH, I believe.
There is a UConnect setting to enable/disable automatic Aero mode when you hit 65MPH so it's up to you.

th3duke

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Can you elaborate on the 1" higher normal ride height "even at highway speeds if you want"? I thought the 1" lift is the default setting in normal ride height, but based on your comment is it something you have to enable permanently to keep it from going in "aero" mode even at highway speeds? Thanks for clarification.

You can take off the "aero" mode in the Uconnect if you wanted to (I don't know why you would not want to have it in aero though at highway speeds). Aero mode kicks in at 102 KM for me. Optionally you can just hit the button to get it out of aero mode at highway speeds. The 1" lift is definitely normal ride height, then off-road is 1" higher, up to 40 KM.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The air suspension is all completely manual. At least on the Limited with ORG it is. It doesn't go to Aero automatically. It will stay in Aero or NRH until changed. It will automatically exit the OR or Entry/Exit heights at moderate speeds. I suspect the Rebel is the same way.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The air suspension is all completely manual. At least on the Limited with ORG it is. It doesn't go to Aero automatically. It will stay in Aero or NRH until changed. It will automatically exit the OR or Entry/Exit heights at moderate speeds. I suspect the Rebel is the same way.

My Limited will automatically lower to Aero from Normal since I have that set in UConnect.

th3duke

Reaction score

My Limited will automatically lower to Aero from Normal since I have that set in UConnect.

Same for me Uconnect setting.

Paulny

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your replies. I am glad to hear that I can manually shut off aero mode if I choose to do so. I plan to immediately install 34"+ tires to replace the stock 33" Duratracs before I take delivery. Therefore, the 1" normal ride height will be preferred.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rebel is like my Limited with ORP. Only four settings. You can choose to stay in Aero or Normal at any speed. Entry/Exit and Off-Road have speed limits to them. Exceed 15MPH in E/E and it will automatically raise. OR will automatically lower to Normal at 25MPH, I believe.
There is a UConnect setting to enable/disable automatic Aero mode when you hit 65MPH so it's up to you.

I have not seen the automatic Aero mode. Mine came with that feature disabled and I've yet to stumble across it in the menus. Guess I need to look again. I leave mine in Aero all the time unless I'm on gravel, off road, or driving over curbs.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have not seen the automatic Aero mode. Mine came with that feature disabled and I've yet to stumble across it in the menus. Guess I need to look again. I leave mine in Aero all the time unless I'm on gravel, off road, or driving over curbs.

I'd have to dig through the manual to tell you where it is. Buried in the Settings somewhere.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd have to dig through the manual to tell you where it is. Buried in the Settings somewhere.
I will as soon as I get back to my truck. It's tucked in a corner spot at the Memphis International Airport long term parking lot in OR1 with side steps deployed to fend off the door dingers.

PopSonProjects

Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the truck in off road mode 2 at higher rate of speed?

Not with the basic menu options. E/E and Off Road are restricted pretty heavily. You might be able to do it with AlphaOBD or something similar but not in stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not with the basic menu options. E/E and Off Road are restricted pretty heavily. You might be able to do it with AlphaOBD or something similar but not in stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can always raise it and then pull the fuse. The ride won’t be great (max pressure).

Users who are viewing this thread