5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know who makes the automatic step boards that come from Ram on the longhorns?

Twister

Reaction score
Coming home from Oklahoma tonight I hit a piece of retread and it destroyed the right side auto step board. The rear bracket is gone with a steel rod hanging down. Doubt it can be fixed. Thanks

KidCutti

Reaction score
Coming home from Oklahoma tonight I hit a piece of retread and it destroyed the right side auto step board. The rear bracket is gone with a steel rod hanging down. Doubt it can be fixed. Thanks
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Should be an easy fix though. Amp Research makes the steps. I’d order it through the dealer. I think the brains can be glitchy if it’s not Mopar specific.

Twister

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Should be an easy fix though. Amp Research makes the steps. I’d order it through the dealer. I think the brains can be glitchy if it’s not Mopar specific.
thanks, may get lucky and just need a hinge and torque rod, about $262 together.

Twister

Reaction score
Would something like that be covered by your comprehensive insurance?
no, according to may agent, only glass falls under comprehensive, this comes out of collision, but since I have $1000 deductible, this is all me

Twister

Reaction score
I got lucky, ordered rear hinge and torque rod for 262. Hard to believe a piece of rubber snapped that hinge while breaking the torque rod. Couldn't find another scratch anywhere.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
no, according to may agent, only glass falls under comprehensive, this comes out of collision, but since I have $1000 deductible, this is all me
Your agent is wrong. Find another agent or call the carrier directly.

Twister

Reaction score
Your agent is wrong. Find another agent or call the carrier directly.

no he is right, in KY glass is the only thing that falls under comp, this piece of rubber would be just like hitting a pothole or something in the road. For 262 it makes little difference

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
no he is right, in KY glass is the only thing that falls under comp, this piece of rubber would be just like hitting a pothole or something in the road. For 262 it makes little difference
He's wrong, but I suppose the KY department of insurance has incorrect information published on their website. Comp is anything other than collision. Collision is anything you do to cause damage to your vehicle (generally) when your collision insurance is the payor.

You might call this agency as they publish the correct information.

Twister

Reaction score
He's wrong, but I suppose the KY department of insurance has incorrect information published on their website. Comp is anything other than collision. Collision is anything you do to cause damage to your vehicle (generally) when your collision insurance is the payor.

You might call this agency as they publish the correct information.

pot holes, road obstacles, are collision here, glass and deer are comprehensive which is what your link states, for 262, makes little difference I would not turn it in

Airbeijing

Reaction score

Your agent is wrong. It would have been covered by your comprehensive coverage subjected to your deductible. Comp coverage include glass coverage, animal hits, flying objects/projectiles, vandalism and stolen vehicle.

Twister

Reaction score
Your agent is wrong. It would have been covered by your comprehensive coverage subjected to your deductible. Comp coverage include glass coverage, animal hits, flying objects/projectiles, vandalism and stolen vehicle.
It was not glass, nor animal, nor flying object, nor vandalism, and my deductible is $1000 so at $262 it is a moot point.

Airbeijing

Reaction score
It was not glass, nor animal, nor flying object, nor vandalism, and my deductible is $1000 so at $262 it is a moot point.
You are right, I should have read the post carefully. He ran over a piece of tread instead a tread flew off and hit the truck. That would have been considered a projectile in most states (Not in KY apparently). $262 is a moot point with $1k deductible. I just wanted him and other people know that it could have been an insurance claim. ( Not in KY.)

Users who are viewing this thread