5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone have a 2019 Limited with Trailer Tow Mirrors?

JukeFactory

Reaction score
I have a questions if the trailer tow mirrors delete the front grill camera?

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

RBRK

Reaction score
They only had 10years to work on it. Pretty lazy on their part to not have it. Sad to say all manufactures are getting cheap. Vehicles are built cheaper and cheaper every generation. Look at the Silverado they cheapened out and don’t even have a low range transfer case. Unless it’s a z71. Trying not to be too negative, but this 19’ is a light built truck. Look under at the pedals and adjusters, the HVAC box and linkages all cheap as they can go. Oh ya, shut your doors and look at the paper thin sheet metal buckle and vibrate. The doors sound like crap when you shut them, not solid at all.

They clearly “rushed” this thing to market, the 12”is buggy as hell but look at the Chevy, ugly cheap and 5 year old interior. I like the truck for the. most part, but it’s a sign of the times. Bigger profit margins for the manufacturers, and bare minimum to get it done.

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 360° camera wasn't even around until the F150 brought it out, what 3 years ago? I don't think the 360° camera was available on the Ford tow mirrors right out of the chute. They are doing everything to pull weight out of every vehicle to meet EPA standards. I don't feel the truck was "rushed to market" as @RBRK feels. I feel that I'm in the majority of owning a trouble-free 2019 Ram 1500. Lightweight pieces can be viewed as "cheap" I suppose but if they get the job done and save a few ounces, why not? My a/c cools, my dash lights are fine, everything works, it's getting better fuel economy than my F150 King Ranch 3.5l Ecoboost, it was more comfortable on my 1,200 mile straight through trip than my F150. And, if I do have a warranty concern, I'll drop it off at the dealership and let them correct it.

RBRK

Reaction score
Ya I agree it’s weight being dropped for fuel economy. This 19’ has been getting slightly better, about 1 mpg over my 13’ same gears etc. it’s super quiet and smooth for sure. I see that they will have the camera on the new HD tow mirrors looking at the spy shots. I’m not bummed about the camera since I don’t have it and I like the so called “ugly” non power folding Mirrors. I drove a Ford around our dealership lot and hated it. I feel at home with the gen 5 it’s an improved feel of the previous but not a lot different to me like the F150 was.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s probably the biggest failure of ram on this gen that they take away camera tech that is actually more needed for trailer towing. Chevy just introduced a nice trailer camera system ford has one. I think ram missed a huge opportunity to get ahead in this. They have a 12 inch screen and the camera tech is basic at best. Ford has side views. It’s amazing straight down the side of the truck. That is on the super duty granted but still. I expected more. I can’t believe they killed the cargo cam for goodness sake. Maybe next year.

Users who are viewing this thread