5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Tow Mirrors have Auto-Dimming

Mike S

Reaction score
Hi, if you have the tow mirrors (as part of the tow package) are the all mirrors auto-dimming?

LossPrev

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder even if they're even heated? There's no symbol like other heated mirrors I've seen.

Anyone confirm that they are? I suppose I could put my hand on one tomorrow morning

LossPrev

Reaction score
After some research I'm thinking Black Out package Laramies might get screwed even out of heated mirrors.

Can someone confirm that their tow mirrors have the little "heat" symbol on them? Mine do not, I think Ram threw on the basic non-heated tow mirror that doesn't have the chrome trim for the Black Out package Laramies.

I'm gonna be pissed if this is true because WI winters suck enough already and having a $64k truck that doesn't even have heated mirrors is really sh*tty.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder even if they're even heated? There's no symbol like other heated mirrors I've seen.

Anyone confirm that they are? I suppose I could put my hand on one tomorrow morning

My tow mirrors are heated...

1-png.7407

LossPrev

Reaction score

1-png.7407

Thank you! So this confirms that mine aren't heated because I don't have the "heated" symbol. I can already tell my complaint is going to end with "sorry, nothing we can do"

Old Ray

Reaction score
After some research I'm gonna be pissed if this is true

Well at least it wasn't close to a $ 80,000.00 Canadian Limited, that because I didn't do my research (homework) BEFORE I bought, it will not fit in my garage with the tow mirrors unless I manually swing them in. (I'm a dumb a$$)

....love the picture of your dog.

Mike S

Reaction score
Agreed. At the limited price point you would expect auto-dimming and power folding with any mirror group you select. I too should have paid closer attention.

gybob

Reaction score
I traded in a 17 Limited for my 19 Limited. It never occurred to me that "power tow mirror" on the sticker meant that I would have to manually fold a mirror to get into my garage. I feel like the teenage kid that got snookered by the shell game at the traveling carnival.

Old Ray

Reaction score
I feel like the teenage kid that got snookered by the shell game at the travelling carnival.

........ hum, how did you know that happened to me, first it was the carnival and I thought I had leaned my lesson , and now 50 years latter its Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and I fell for it again!

I know it is "buyer beware" and do your due diligence but at what point does it become at the best unethical and at the least fraudulent?
I do know that it leaves a real bad taste in your mouth.

th3duke

Reaction score
After some research I'm thinking Black Out package Laramies might get screwed even out of heated mirrors.

Can someone confirm that their tow mirrors have the little "heat" symbol on them? Mine do not, I think Ram threw on the basic non-heated tow mirror that doesn't have the chrome trim for the Black Out package Laramies.

I'm gonna be pissed if this is true because WI winters suck enough already and having a $64k truck that doesn't even have heated mirrors is really sh*tty.
I just found this out today during a snow storm in my fully loaded Rebel today. I've got the tow mirrors with blindspot detection and pushed-in the rear defrost button and the snow never melted. Mine also don't have the icon that identifies heated either. Total BS, my 2015 Outdoorsman had the same tow mirrors (without Blindspot of course) and they were heated.

LossPrev

Reaction score
I just found this out today during a snow storm in my fully loaded Rebel today. I've got the tow mirrors with blindspot detection and pushed-in the rear defrost button and the snow never melted. Mine also don't have the icon that identifies heated either. Total BS, my 2015 Outdoorsman had the same tow mirrors (without Blindspot of course) and they were heated.

Yep you got the basic black tow mirrors just like me. The chrome tow mirrors get heat and we all get screwed on power folding and dimming. I messaged RamCares and surprise they dont care. They pointed out that my window sticker says "N/A with Tow Mirrors" and that if I was mislead at the time of sale to contact the dealer.

Basically they are being lazy with the tow mirrors by reusing the basic ones on all Rebel and black out Laramie trucks. I'm disappointed because I love everything else about my truck but they just couldn't go for 100% with power folding, dimming, heated tow mirrors.

Robert

Reaction score
Any after market choices? I have the same mirrors on my 2019 Bighorn. No heat!

LossPrev

Reaction score
The saga continues with the tow mirrors...

Just discovered that the memory buttons don't move the mirrors at all. Scheduled an appointment at the dealership to "fix" them but I have a suspicion that because these black tow mirrors are the basic/base version that the memory won't control them.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What really Irkes more is the 2500 Rams have Heated,Power Folding Tow Mirrors if you order them! I have the chrome heated tow mirrors but have to get out of the vehicle to fold every time I go threw the car wash! So if they can be ordered on the 2500 why not the the 1500? Its just so they can push you to a 2500 for more $$ imo.

rphelps99

Reaction score
I traded in a 17 Limited for my 19 Limited. It never occurred to me that "power tow mirror" on the sticker meant that I would have to manually fold a mirror to get into my garage. I feel like the teenage kid that got snookered by the shell game at the traveling carnival.
My '19 Limited 2500 has power folding mirrors. Idk if they auto dim or not

brody.cepeaux

Reaction score

It depends where you live. Mandatory spec for vehicles in canada. Ours all do. Activated by switch in cabin or can be set to be activated by remote start

Users who are viewing this thread