5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DO NOT USE USPS

JoeI21

Reaction score
First of all i take full responsibility for this and own that i should’ve known better.

My truck is at Mark Dodge and fortunately i was able to get really good financing from my local credit union. Transaction was easy as can be with finance all they asked for was the remaining funds from the credit union and my truck would be on the next trip out with the shipper.

I went to my credit union who already had all the documents they needed from MD, signed some papers and it was done. check in hand and all i had to do was overnight it to MD and the truck would be on its way.

This is where i dropped the ball. Because it was a simple envelope with a check in it, I figured i’d just go to my local post office and put it in a fancy big envelope, pay for the overnight and i’d be good to go.

This was monday. Unfortunately my check still has not arrived at MD and the post office has no way of determining when it will actually arrive. Even with “overnight deliver”, paying extra for delivery confirmation and then “guaranteeing” a time frame, my truck now sits on the lot awaiting our lovely postal service.

Word to the wise and i wish i thought about it more at the time but DO NOT USE USPS.

Fed ex or Ups for any important documents.

lesson learned. the very hard way. 🤦🏼‍♂️

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
First of all i take full responsibility for this and own that i should’ve known better.

My truck is at Mark Dodge and fortunately i was able to get really good financing from my local credit union. Transaction was easy as can be with finance all they asked for was the remaining funds from the credit union and my truck would be on the next trip out with the shipper.

I went to my credit union who already had all the documents they needed from MD, signed some papers and it was done. check in hand and all i had to do was overnight it to MD and the truck would be on its way.

This is where i dropped the ball. Because it was a simple envelope with a check in it, I figured i’d just go to my local post office and put it in a fancy big envelope, pay for the overnight and i’d be good to go.

This was monday. Unfortunately my check still has not arrived at MD and the post office has no way of determining when it will actually arrive. Even with “overnight deliver”, paying extra for delivery confirmation and then “guaranteeing” a time frame, my truck now sits on the lot awaiting our lovely postal service.

Word to the wise and i wish i thought about it more at the time but DO NOT USE USPS.

Fed ex or Ups for any important documents.

lesson learned. the very hard way. 🤦🏼‍♂️
the millions that use the usps everyday would disagree with you!

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Fedex messes things up too. Twice in the past 12 months, I've had $60k-$80k in payroll checks go missing from Fedex. It's not fun to have to void dozens of paychecks and reissue.

JoeI21

Reaction score
For something like that, certified mail is the best option. It gives you a way to track the envelope
it was certified. just my luck i guess. hopefully it gets delivered today

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah every carrier has their ups and downs. You paid for guaranteed overnight, so I'm assuming you got your money back. Also, that should have come with tracking. I know USPS tracking can be hit or miss, but I use them for a small business and have much better luck than FedEx or UPS. FedEx things get destroyed regularly and UPS it's "It gets there when it gets there".

Pertzbro

Reaction score
I own some insurance agencies. You'd be amazed the amount of lost checks my customers mail to our insurance companies. It's at a minimum once a month. End up having to pay over the phone or online and then the check shows up weeks or months later.

397STROKER

Reaction score
And this the reason I pay all my bills electronically. FedEx is just a small notch above USPS. I think their motto is you'll get it when you get it .

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, Fedex messes things up too. Twice in the past 12 months, I've had $60k-$80k in payroll checks go missing from Fedex. It's not fun to have to void dozens of paychecks and reissue.
FedEx is a **** show. My buddy and I ordered the same generator from the same company at the same time. The distribution center is about 45 min away. His came next day. Mine went across the damn country then back. Took 8 days.

FedEx sucks.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
USPS is pretty solid but I learned too that their standard 2-3 day delivery is just as fast and reliable as overnight and sometimes even faster.
I over-nighted an item to a buddy in TN and then followed up the next day with an additional shipment via Priority and the Priortity package arrived first and was 1/3rd the cost.

Fedex at our last two addresses has been an absolute joke. They delivered 4 of our packages to our neighbors house in the last month and when they finally got one right, it was our address but not our names. SMH. Meanwhile our house number is on our mailbox, on a sign post beside the driveway and again on the corner of the house in 5" contrasting numbers.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FedEx is a **** show. My buddy and I ordered the same generator from the same company at the same time. The distribution center is about 45 min away. His came next day. Mine went across the damn country then back. Took 8 days.

FedEx sucks.
Both my neighbors fly for FedEx. I know it's not their fault, but anytime I have something delivered by FedEx it's messed up. I just blame them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One time I ordered two of the same item online. Both shipped from same warehouse, but somehow ended up in two different trucks. One went south, and the other north. They arrived two days apart. This was through FedEx

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry you have to deal with this. USPS has been perfect for me.

FEDEX sucks. I’ve had nothing but problems with them. Seems 2 out of 10 of my packages get lost lately and never show up causing companies to resend with major delays. They all say it’s common. Not a very good business model.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah every carrier has their ups and downs. You paid for guaranteed overnight, so I'm assuming you got your money back. Also, that should have come with tracking. I know USPS tracking can be hit or miss, but I use them for a small business and have much better luck than FedEx or UPS. FedEx things get destroyed regularly and UPS it's "It gets there when it gets there".
He will not get his money back.
I sent stuff to the IRS certified and they outright refused to do anything after it was lost in transit for 35 days.
Even if they did give him back his money, they are not paying him to purchase another certified check despite there being a minimum declared value (I think it's $50)

Avoid Fedex like the plague. UPS is pretty good, and USPS is generally good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/