5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need air ride?

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Looking at ordering soon. 22 limited 1500. Diesel, was going to order air suspension. Only thing I tow is our 22’ pontoon. Any advantages over NOT having air ride? Going to lift enough to run 35s as well. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny_H

Reaction score
Get it.

Towing is the best reason to have it. No sag, not blinding oncoming drivers, raising and lowering the hitch when you’re in tricky spots, and a better ride. I use the off-road/entry-exit features maybe 1% of the time but when you “need it” it’s awesome. The system crapped out on my 2017 but no problems so far on my 21 and it’s much better engineered. I just won’t drive this truck without warranty.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
Missed the part about 35’s. Don’t get it if you’re lifting.

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I wouldn’t get it if you’re raising the truck.

I switched my order to a limited specifically to get the air suspension. The ride quality is supposedly amazing. Can’t wait to try it out.

Cajun_

Reaction score
Air ride is hands down amazing. Someone makes a 2 inch lift on for the air suspension to put slightly larger tires on it, just not 35s.

Itsslow98

Reaction score
I thought it was standard on limiteds, can you even order it without?

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I thought it was standard on limiteds, can you even order it without?

Correct - standard! Food for thought…the limited turned out to be cheaper compared to a Laramie spec’d out as close as possible to the limited.

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
Correct - standard! Food for thought…the limited turned out to be cheaper compared to a Laramie spec’d out as close as possible to the limited.

I don’t see where you can change to standard suspension, so I’m assuming that’s not an option. Also, no tech group under Laramie online on build and price now neither. Ugh. Need tech group and safety group.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
You can specify Air-suspension delete and save $1000. A few dealers delete it on all their Limiteds because they’re afraid of servicing them in the future if they break down. Those dealers suck. Here’s a limited without.

08ab844b6e8e07f84d40eef98a8628f1.jpg

Last edited:

Robbyreneeward

Reaction score
You can specify Air-suspension delete and save $1000. A few dealers delete it on all their Limiteds because they’re afraid of servicing them in the future if they break down. Those dealers suck.

Don’t see that in build and price. Would I just need to specify with dealer I’m ordering through?

Ben1500GT

Reaction score
I don’t see where you can change to standard suspension, so I’m assuming that’s not an option. Also, no tech group under Laramie online on build and price now neither. Ugh. Need tech group and safety group.

Doesnt look promising right now for the tech groups. Your best luck is to find one that’s on a lot with it.

Johnny_H

Reaction score
I would be nervous putting an order in these days and expecting it to both be on time and accurate. Lots of stories of trucks showing up with incorrect packages/missing options. Agree with spending some time online searching available stock and seeing if you can find a truck that suits you that is already built.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can specify Air-suspension delete and save $1000. A few dealers delete it on all their Limiteds because they’re afraid of servicing them in the future if they break down. Those dealers suck. Here’s a limited without.

Don’t see that in build and price. Would I just need to specify with dealer I’m ordering through?

Isn't the air ride delete only an option in Canada? I've never seen a U.S. 5th gen limited without the air suspension and have never seen the option to delete it on our build sites, one of the reasons I went with the longhorn to still get that level of luxury but get the standard suspension still.

I could certainly be wrong though about the U.S. delete option, but if I'm not you could always do it yourself after the fact.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

What year is that truck and is it a US or Canadian truck?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Isn't the air ride delete only an option in Canada? I've never seen a U.S. 5th gen limited without the air suspension and have never seen the option to delete it on our build sites, one of the reasons I went with the longhorn to still get that level of luxury but get the standard suspension still.

I could certainly be wrong though about the U.S. delete option, but if I'm not you could always do it yourself after the fact.

2019 air ride was optional. Standard 2020+ and only optional to delete on Canadian trucks

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 air ride was optional. Standard 2020+ and only optional to delete on Canadian trucks

I don't even remember it being optional on 2019, last year I ever saw a limited without air ride was the 4th gen 2018. I looked at lots of 2019 limiteds and never saw one without air ride in U.S. spec but I surely didn't look at every last limited out there. If I was able to find one without it I might have bought it before all the covid craziness.

Anyone here have a 2019 Limited without air ride that was originally built for the U.S.?

Users who are viewing this thread