5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discounts going bye-bye...possibly

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When at the dealer ordering today, I asked about employer discount. The sales guy said employer discount may not be accepted anymore. I hope it doesn't happen, my employer discount is quite good. Have any other sales people heard this?

Edited due to info not able to be confirmed yet...

Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Discounts? Don’t you know there’s a chip shortage?!? LOL

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well that would really suck. How ridiculous this whole thing has gotten.
I'm hopeful it doesn't happen. Discounts are what will bring people in to buy. They will make the money back with units sold.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When at the dealer ordering today, I asked about employer discount. The sales guy said he got a email from higher up that said friends and family, employee pricing, and employer / supplier pricing may not be accepted anymore as of October 31st. He said there hasn't been a final decision yet. I hope it doesn't happen, my employer discount is quite good. Have any other sales people heard this?
It's not clear whether the "higher up" person is the general manager of the dealership, or if this is coming from Stellantis. My guess is it's the dealership.

Mexd781

Reaction score
Not all dealerships accept things like True Value pricing and Tread Lightly affiliate pricing. I am guessing that dealership is looking a dropping those programs.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's not clear whether the "higher up" person is the general manager of the dealership, or if this is coming from Stellantis. My guess is it's the dealership.
True. I already put some money to the side to cover anything they decide. Still blows, possibly no discounts for their top selling trucks. Hopefully, it doesn't happen.

Nova90

Reaction score
We've been wanting to replace my wife's Explorer Sport, but no way in this market. I'll wait for the dealers to come back down to reality and stop with the MSRP & MSRP+ pricing

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We've been wanting to replace my wife's Explorer Sport, but no way in this market. I'll wait for the dealers to come back down to reality and stop with the MSRP & MSRP+ pricing
On the other side of the coin, trade-ins are at a all time high. I did an online offer from Carmax and then took it to the dealer, which stopped them from doing the classic “we’ll give you payoff”. I got $7k higher than payoff with no argument, which was $800 less than carmax offered. Msrp and 0% interest with the high trade-in still makes sense.

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the other side of the coin, trade-ins are at a all time high. I did an online offer from Carmax and then took it to the dealer, which stopped them from doing the classic “we’ll give you payoff”. I got $7k higher than payoff with no argument, which was $800 less than carmax offered. Msrp and 0% interest with the high trade-in still makes sense.
I'd like to do that, but I have only one vehicle to drive right now lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to do that, but I have only one vehicle to drive right now lol
Yeah, that only works if someone’s driving in an out the same day. I thought about that today with how a trade-in would work for Costco’s auto program.

This was a long time ago, but when I ordered a 2008 VW Jetta TDI, trade-in was going to be evaluated at the dealer of my choice when I took delivery of the vehicle six months later. If I didn’t like the terms, I could walk away at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread