5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diode Dynamics Sale Through 7/5/19

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got an email from Diode Dynamics that everything is on sale 20% off through the 5th. Use coupon code JULY4 and profit. I used the HP36 cargo lights and they are plenty bright. No need for the XP50's at nearly double the price.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got an email from Diode Dynamics that everything is on sale 20% off through the 5th. Use coupon code JULY4 and profit. I used the HP36 cargo lights and they are plenty bright. No need for the XP50's at nearly double the price.

Can you post a link to the ones you got? Did you do the third brake light too?

sawyer84

Reaction score
@Edwards Thanks man! I've been wanting to get Backup LED's and Cargo LED's, but was waiting on a sale. I just bought both of those, and the 3rd brake light. Thanks again brotha!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just ordered mine. $40 for the cargo lights, $10 for the brake light, -$10 using coupon code, $9 shipping and no tax.

$49 total.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

These are the ones I got too. Very well built and I'm quite happy with them. 3 year warranty should make them last far longer than the $8 Amazon specials. Had two of those burn out already and the third was flickering badly.

Just wish I would have got them on sale!

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Took advantage of this sale and orders a bunch of stuff, im a sucker for a discount!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
These are the ones I got too. Very well built and I'm quite happy with them. 3 year warranty should make them last far longer than the $8 Amazon specials. Had two of those burn out already and the third was flickering badly.

Just wish I would have got them on sale!
You mean two of these Diode Dynamics have already gone out or do you mean the amazon cheapies? I just ordered the Diodes for $49 with shipping. Fingers crossed.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You mean two of these Diode Dynamics have already gone out or do you mean the amazon cheapies? I just ordered the Diodes for $49 with shipping. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for lack of clarity. Two of the cheap LEDs burned out so I was willing to spend to not have to mess with it again. The DD's look well made and not a hint of an issue even in the TX heat we've been having. I've only had them a month but am confident they are going to work out long term.

JRinDFW

Reaction score
Just ordered mine. $40 for the cargo lights, $10 for the brake light, -$10 using coupon code, $9 shipping and no tax.

$49 total.
Same here - ordered yesterday. Can't wait to get 'em installed.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Having noticed the intense-looking LED cargo / CHMSL light modules on the new HDs this morning, I wonder if they’ll be upgrading the 1500s to factory LEDs in that spot for 2020 or 2021. If so, I’ll just swap in a new factory module when the time comes. For now, my “cheap” LEDs are holding.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone offer some insight on how to replace/install back-up reverse leds? I took one tail light off only to reveal 1 single wire going into the housing and was dumbfounded as to how to get to the reverse bulb

FlyMike

Reaction score
Last edited:

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone offer some insight on how to replace/install back-up reverse leds? I took one tail light off only to reveal 1 single wire going into the housing and was dumbfounded as to how to get to the reverse bulb

If you have the factory LED's they are not changeable, it is a sealed unit. You can only change bulbs on halogen models.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have the factory LED's they are not changeable, it is a sealed unit. You can only change bulbs on halogen models.
But the Diode website says the led bulbs are for LED taillights and specifically provides a link for halogen taillights

RAM_Blue

Reaction score
But the Diode website says the led bulbs are for LED taillights and specifically provides a link for halogen taillights

I don't know what the right answer is. This is what is in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread