5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Different rearview mirrors?

RAMpage

Reaction score
So I am in the process of replacing one 2019 RAM Rebel with another and happened to notice last night while test driving it that the rearview mirror in the new truck is different. It has a much thinner plastic bezel. The only difference in options between the two trucks (in that general area) is the new one has a sunroof and blind spot monitoring. Does one of those packages change the mirror also?
Thanks!

LouCap

Reaction score
So I am in the process of replacing one 2019 RAM Rebel with another and happened to notice last night while test driving it that the rearview mirror in the new truck is different. It has a much thinner plastic bezel. The only difference in options between the two trucks (in that general area) is the new one has a sunroof and blind spot monitoring. Does one of those packages change the mirror also?
Thanks!

Does one of them have the Tow Package? If you get that, you get the tow mirrors and lose the 360 surround cameras.

RAMpage

Reaction score
I mean the rear view mirror in the cab, not the door/side mirrors. No tow package on either though.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mean the rear view mirror in the cab, not the door/side mirrors. No tow package on either though.
I know that my limited mirror is different than the big horn loaners I have had. Not sure what option or package causes the difference though.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Could be one has the anti-glare and the other one doesn't. (for nighttime driving). If you see a bluish hue film on the mirror, then that's what it could be (so it could be bigger to house the electronics).

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The mirror on the Laramie sport is different than the Laramie non sport. It appears to be upside down on the sport.

RAMpage

Reaction score
Yes that's true! They are upside down on some of them. Strange. Both have the auto-dim feature but one of them has the blind spot/cross-path option.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yes that's true! They are upside down on some of them. Strange. Both have the auto-dim feature but one of them has the blind spot/cross-path option.
? I believe we’re discussing interior mirrors... :LOL:

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the difference is for truck with and without auto high beams. There are four mirrors available, three different part numbers with auto dimming, and one with the old school manual dimmer. One of the auto dimming numbers supersedes the other, so really you have manual dimming, auto dimming, and auto dimming with auto high beams.

RAMpage

Reaction score
I believe the difference is for truck with and without auto high beams. There are four mirrors available, three different part numbers with auto dimming, and one with the old school manual dimmer. One of the auto dimming numbers supersedes the other, so really you have manual dimming, auto dimming, and auto dimming with auto high beams.

Ah good to know! That must be it.... auto dimming for one and the other auto dimming with auto high beams. Both trucks have level 2 though so would have thought both have the auto high beams.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah good to know! That must be it.... auto dimming for one and the other auto dimming with auto high beams. Both trucks have level 2 though so would have thought both have the auto high beams.

It's either that or the quad cab trucks get different mirrors. I can't decipher the build codes from the website I used to look up the parts, it's pretty confusing the way they list things for all trims even when it makes you go through and select your exact truck.

RAMpage

Reaction score
It's either that or the quad cab trucks get different mirrors. I can't decipher the build codes from the website I used to look up the parts, it's pretty confusing the way they list things for all trims even when it makes you go through and select your exact truck.

That could be it also. No one quad cabs around to compare to here. Thanks for checking and the info!

Houstontiger

Reaction score
The mirror seems to be upside down on my 19 Longhorn. I prefer auto dimming mirror on my 13 Longhorn.

Users who are viewing this thread