5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did I make the right choice????

GFK51

Reaction score
Purchased a 20 Limited last Friday, last four vehicles were Ford F150's. The last two were with the Lariat trim. To be honest, I was just bored with the F150's. Now I am hearing from my friends that I will be sorry for making the switch to RAM. Do I have anything to worry about?

papac0rn

Reaction score
I only owned Ford F150 trucks and switched to Ram. Love it. The interior is better, it's quieter and rides alot better. My last F150 was a nightmare. Enjoy the ride. Welcome.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like both. I switch back and forth between them for your exact reason. I get bored with one or the other and switch. Been doing it for about 15 years.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I like both. I switch back and forth between them for your exact reason. I get bored with one or the other and switch. Been doing it for about 15 years.
LOL. I do the same.
I am not brand / model loyal, I am Me loyal.
A year or two from now I could be driving a Super Duty Diesel or an Audi Q8.

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Purchased a 20 Limited last Friday, last four vehicles were Ford F150's. The last two were with the Lariat trim. To be honest, I was just bored with the F150's. Now I am hearing from my friends that I will be sorry for making the switch to RAM. Do I have anything to worry about?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on purchasing a Ram. Now all you need to do is find some more friends who drive Rams! :) (y)

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On what planet is a Ford any better than a Dodge/RAM? I just don't get that line of thinking. Where I come from, Ford stands for Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, and my personal favorite, F****** Old Road Dog

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
On what planet is a Ford any better than a Dodge/RAM? I just don't get that line of thinking. Where I come from, Ford stands for Found On Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily, and my personal favorite, F****** Old Road Dog
There’s really no better or worse in my humble opinion.

All vehicles have good and bad years. I do love the styling of the latest gen Ford F series as much as I love my RAM, and was actually looking at them in 2017, but didn’t pull the trigger because I wanted to see what RAM would counter with for their next gent trucks (glad I waited).

That being said, had RAM not released the 5th gen, I may have purchased a Ford, since at the time, the F-series had all the tech & safety features that RAM did not, like blind spot monitoring, ACC, 360 surround view, Apple CarPlay, full LED lighting, Pano roof, etc. RAM was years behind back then.

Basically, I wanted, as the air suspension of RAM, with the tech & safety of the F150, and RAM delivered in those counts and then some!

Of course this all fluid, and eventually they may get leapfrogged, but as of right now, no one comes close! Not just trucks, but even luxury SUVs can’t compare with my Limited.

Cheers,

supercanadian

Reaction score
I literally just did this switch from an f150 to a 2020 limited....massive upgrade! Enjoy the truck...100% their jealous!

jkm312

Reaction score
No you do not. I truly enjoy my truck. Ordered exactly what I wanted, blinged it up a bit. No regrets.
There is a lot of good information here on the forum to get you educated and acquainted with the RAM truck. I've found it very helpful.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I've been in three F-150s over the past 12-13 years - now in a Ram Rebel... you made the right choice.

Aside from the EcoBoost - the F-150 in inferior in every way... and even the EcoBoost isn't necessarily "better" than the HEMI, it's the only thing I'd praise about any of the Fords I had.

Ram is really setting the bar these days.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s really no better or worse in my humble opinion.

All vehicles have good and bad years. I do love the styling of the latest gen Ford F series as much as I love my RAM, and was actually looking at them in 2017, but didn’t pull the trigger because I wanted to see what RAM would counter with for their next gent trucks (glad I waited).

That being said, had RAM not released the 5th gen, I may have purchased a Ford, since at the time, the F-series had all the tech & safety features that RAM did not, like blind spot monitoring, ACC, 360 surround view, Apple CarPlay, full LED lighting, Pano roof, etc. RAM was years behind back then.

Basically, I wanted, as the air suspension of RAM, with the tech & safety of the F150, and RAM delivered in those counts and then some!

Of course this all fluid, and eventually they may get leapfrogged, but as of right now, no one comes close! Not just trucks, but even luxury SUVs can’t compare with my Limited.

Cheers,
I agree with you. I was just being a smart a$$. My point is that the Ford is no better than the RAM. I don't know where the perception came from that the Ford is so much better than everything else on the market, because it frankly isn't. I think all of the big 3 make nice trucks and it comes down to personal preference.

cnote

Reaction score
Traded in my 2013 F150 w/ Ecoboost on a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited. F150 was a good truck no issues, just wanted to upgrade to something with more technology and features. Will be headed to South Dakota from Kansas at the end of the month. Hopefully won't have any issues on first road trip.

Baron74

Reaction score

Hell no! Nothing to worry about at all. Don't get to caught up in these threads about issues. People that are happy with their trucks and are not obsessed with customizations etc generally aren't looking for a forum. People with issues are.

I came from a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat that was loaded. The interior fit and finish, tech, ride, heated/cooled seats, silent cab, etc. of the Ram make this truck seem like a Cadillac and the Ford a Fiat. I liked my Ford, but I absolutely love everything about my Ram. I have zero buyers remorse. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Hell no! Nothing to worry about at all. Don't get to caught up in these threads about issues. People that are happy with their trucks and are not obsessed with customizations etc generally aren't looking for a forum, people with issues are. I came from a 2015 Ford F-150 Lariat that was loaded. The interior fit and finish, tech, ride, heated/cooled seats,and silent cab of the Ram make this truck seem like a Cadillac and the Ford a Fiat. I liked my Ford, but I absolutely love everything about my Ram. I have zero buyers remorse. You're in for a pleasant surprise.
^^^ This ^^^

derp

Reaction score
meh, it's a roll of the dice. if you get a ram that is made on a day where the factory workers are awake, you are going to be sitting comfy and happy.

others..... did not pass the initial quality bar we were hoping for.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I consider myself a Ford guy who just happens to currently drive a RAM. My last truck was a 2015 F150 2.7L Ecoboost which I loved and adored. Not a single issue, great performance and the only reason why I traded it in is because I get bored every few years and want something else.

I however did fall in love with my Rebel the first time I saw it on the lot. I bought it and have not had a single issue since my purchase almost half a year ago.

It's honestly the best truck I've ever owned. Don't get too concerned about the complaints you see on this forum, that's what they are for. It doesn't mean the issues you see others have will happen to you. If you check out the Ford and GM forums, which I'm also a part of, you will notice a similar level of issues and complaints.

The one issue I am worried about is the potential for my rear window to get a frame crack and leak. However, the 2019 and newer Silverado/Sierra guys have an ever bigger issue with leaking rear windows. So far mine has been fine, but I am keeping an eye on it. Otherwise super smooth shifting, no weird noises, etc. Just a solid fun truck.

Users who are viewing this thread