5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealerships That Are Charging below Invoice or MSRP

Motor

Reaction score
Post any dealer that you know of that are consistently charging below invoice price or less than MSRP. Let's make this a reference thread for anyone looking. Also post what percentage off of MSRP or Invoice and a breakdown of your specific deal if you have one.

Not sure of the percentage off but here are a few that I found from just reading this forum:

Bud Clary in Washington State LINK
Mark Dodge in Louisiana LINK
Koons in Virginia LINK
Dennis Dillon in Idaho LINK
Lakeland in Florida LINK
Granger in Iowa LINK
Chapman in Pennsylvania LINK

Mark Dodge Quote:
2023 Ram Rebel 4X4 Night Edition Level 2
MSRP: $72,515
MD Price: $64,792

$1000 non-refundable deposit
Shipping averages $1.00 - $1.50 per mile, if you want it shipped. Complimentary delivery up to 250 miles.
Plus $444 document/temp tag/notary fee, local/state TT&L and any incentives if available will be applied at time of delivery. (May ended up being close to MSRP after it is said in done with taxes and fees)
Lead time, 10 - 20 weeks, from the start of 2023 production and they have not been advised when production will start.

Share any other dealerships that will charge less than MSRP.

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wood Motor Company in Jane, MO is where I got mine in February. Looks like they're still offering some decent discounts when most others around here were marking up.

Small dealer, but I was happy with my deal.

At the time I bought my truck they were making better deals on orders, but still gave me the deal on a truck that just rolled off transport.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They don't advertise it, but I was able to work a 3.92% under invoice deal on my 2020 HD order from AutoNation Arapahoe Denver metro area. Basically Invoice less the holdback. Those that are getting a little more are basically giving up another $500 which is a common negotiation.

ramhouston

Reaction score
They don't advertise it, but I was able to work a 3.92% under invoice deal on my 2020 HD order from AutoNation Arapahoe Denver metro area. Basically Invoice less the holdback. Those that are getting a little more are basically giving up another $500 which is a common negotiation.
Autonation in my area likes to move units so they mostly sell lower than the competitors.

RamVA

Reaction score
Dulles CDJR in Leesburg, VA. About 10% off MSRP pre-incentives is achievable for their units in-stock.

spithead051

Reaction score
Koons CDJR in VA offers 5% under invoice and honors EPP and other affiliate programs. I have my 2023 order through them and the process was painless.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post any dealer that you know of that are consistently charging below invoice price or less than MSRP. Let's make this a reference thread for anyone looking.

U

User_3336

Sahara Ram in Vegas. I got 20ish% off msrp on a quad cab 4x4 Hemi.
HMMM, I'm certainly not seeing that on their website (unless you got some magical discount at the dealership).

You said you got a 22 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi. So lets use one on their site as an example . . .
  • VIN: 1C6RRFBG5NN411017
  • Stock: NN411017
MSRP = 52460 - - - So 20% off would have been 41,968. (For example . . Your truck may have been more or less MSRP)
Discounts on their site appear to be using A LOT of "conditional offers" to get to their lowest price.
Dealer discount of $4,000 knocks it down to $48460.
There is some kind of $750 discount not specified (could be a conditional rebate--CCAP, etc), so not assured we're gonna get that one.
There are SEVEN other "conditional rebates" totalling $3750, for which almost NO ONE is going to qualify for ALL of those. I don't even think ALL of the CCAP rebates can be combined either. OP, did you qualify for ANY of these "conditional rebates".
Chrysler Capital Prime Standard Retail Rates
Military Program (39CNB)
FFA Member Program (39CNZ)
Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash (22CN5)
Bonus Cash (WECNA)
CCAP Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash (39CNN)
Driveability / Automobility Program (38CN31)

So, we're only @ $43,960 after all the dealer discounts AND SEVEN conditional rebates (questionable $3750).

There are some manufacturer rebates, but unknown basically. Sahara might have been trying to include those in with their dealer discount (I've seen it). The $750 in the line item itself might have been an "aged inventory" rebate for $750. Other than that, if applilcable, the only other rebates I see are CCAP finance rebates. Of course, the only official verifier of rebates is the DealerConnect system based off VIN and zip code.

Even on their website, they do state $10,000 off every Ram 1500 Quad Cab, but the numbers certainly are NOT adding up.

So, sorry, I don't believe SAHARA in Las Vegas is giving 20% off MSRP. Their adversiting does not add up to that amount.

OP, care to post your bill of sale??????

sah1.jpg sah2.jpg

Motor

Reaction score
Nice, I did not know we already had a forum for this topic. Thanks

Wire4money

Reaction score
HMMM, I'm certainly not seeing that on their website (unless you got some magical discount at the dealership).

You said you got a 22 Quad Cab 4x4 Hemi. So lets use one on their site as an example . . .
  • VIN: 1C6RRFBG5NN411017
  • Stock: NN411017
MSRP = 52460 - - - So 20% off would have been 41,968. (For example . . Your truck may have been more or less MSRP)
Discounts on their site appear to be using A LOT of "conditional offers" to get to their lowest price.
Dealer discount of $4,000 knocks it down to $48460.
There is some kind of $750 discount not specified (could be a conditional rebate--CCAP, etc), so not assured we're gonna get that one.
There are SEVEN other "conditional rebates" totalling $3750, for which almost NO ONE is going to qualify for ALL of those. I don't even think ALL of the CCAP rebates can be combined either. OP, did you qualify for ANY of these "conditional rebates".
Chrysler Capital Prime Standard Retail Rates
Military Program (39CNB)
FFA Member Program (39CNZ)
Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash (22CN5)
Bonus Cash (WECNA)
CCAP Non-Prime Retail Bonus Cash (39CNN)
Driveability / Automobility Program (38CN31)

So, we're only @ $43,960 after all the dealer discounts AND SEVEN conditional rebates (questionable $3750).

There are some manufacturer rebates, but unknown basically. Sahara might have been trying to include those in with their dealer discount (I've seen it). The $750 in the line item itself might have been an "aged inventory" rebate for $750. Other than that, if applilcable, the only other rebates I see are CCAP finance rebates. Of course, the only official verifier of rebates is the DealerConnect system based off VIN and zip code.

Even on their website, they do state $10,000 off every Ram 1500 Quad Cab, but the numbers certainly are NOT adding up.

So, sorry, I don't believe SAHARA in Las Vegas is giving 20% off MSRP. Their adversiting does not add up to that amount.

OP, care to post your bill of sale??????

View attachment 140510 View attachment 140511

56,532 msrp. 45,160 adjusted price.
73F1EDFD-F811-491F-BAD3-990431054AB2.jpeg They also gave me 1500 more than I paid for my trade. 4FBFFD02-AA1A-4736-8202-80B53B86B1E1.jpeg

U

User_3336

56,532 msrp. 45,160 adjusted price.
They also gave me 1500 more than I paid for my trade.

Thanks for posting that. Clearly, by shopping online, you can see why one would question the 20'ish percentage off.

So, about 17% off based off rebates and dealer discount. Although that was a sales quote, and not the final invoice of what you actually paid, but good enough for the question raised.

What was missing from the equation (and where the math didn't work out) was the DEALER DISCOUNT of $5480.
No where was that disclosed without asking. It shows the discount of $4,000 on the website, which was in final reality the manufacturer rebates.

Some dealers will fight you with add-ons, claiming they are "already on" the vehicle. Normally what dealers will do is INFLATE the dealer discount because they are soaking you with add-ons. So, did the bed liner and side steps totalling $1400 stay on the truck? and did you get stuck with $400 for Window Tint and Wheel Locks?

RARELY, I mean RARELY, will a dealer knock off their doc fee.

So, its easy for them to SAY they're giving $10,000 off because, in this case, as it stands on the original sticker, and and ADDENDUM sticker (and they other things they added), accounts for almost $3,000.

So, you really didn't get 20% off initially. &&&&, I need to be a car salesman or a finance manager.

Wire4money

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Clearly, by shopping online, you can see why one would question the 20'ish percentage off.

So, about 17% off based off rebates and dealer discount. Although that was a sales quote, and not the final invoice of what you actually paid, but good enough for the question raised.

What was missing from the equation (and where the math didn't work out) was the DEALER DISCOUNT of $5480.
No where was that disclosed without asking. It shows the discount of $4,000 on the website, which was in final reality the manufacturer rebates.

Some dealers will fight you with add-ons, claiming they are "already on" the vehicle. Normally what dealers will do is INFLATE the dealer discount because they are soaking you with add-ons. So, did the bed liner and side steps totalling $1400 stay on the truck? and did you get stuck with $400 for Window Tint and Wheel Locks?

RARELY, I mean RARELY, will a dealer knock off their doc fee.

So, its easy for them to SAY they're giving $10,000 off because, in this case, as it stands on the original sticker, and and ADDENDUM sticker (and they other things they added), accounts for almost $3,000.

So, you really didn't get 20% off initially. &&&&, I need to be a car salesman or a finance manager.
Bedliner and side steps are still on the truck, as are window tint and wheel locks. I see value in all those (except the wheel locks) because I would have bought those regardless. The original price quoted was 1k more, but they took it off because I was adamant about not having LoJack. All in all, I was very satisfied with the deal. I traded in a Tacoma I had bought 8 months previously, and made 1500 on it. It was a low pressure, good deal. I went in there trying to find “the catch”, and never did.

Users who are viewing this thread