5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DEALER/TRUCK STINK RECOMMENDATIONS

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Hey guys, I know the ram has issues with water leaks....unfortunately I haven't been able to find any wet carpets, headliner and from what I can see the four drains (two in behind the cab, two at the front doors) seem find....but my truck with 3000kms stinks when left parked until I turn it on and have air circulation.

I have emailed the dealer, they claim they have never heard of this issue or the leak issues.

So what do I tell them or do to get this fixed? Is their a tsb on this? Something I should tell them? I don't want to waste my time but I want this issue resolved.

Burnzie

Reaction score
I put dryer sheets under the seats, gets rid of the RANKY STENCH of cigarettes from my wife.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I know the ram has issues with water leaks....unfortunately I haven't been able to find any wet carpets, headliner and from what I can see the four drains (two in behind the cab, two at the front doors) seem find....but my truck with 3000kms stinks when left parked until I turn it on and have air circulation.

I have emailed the dealer, they claim they have never heard of this issue or the leak issues.

So what do I tell them or do to get this fixed? Is their a tsb on this? Something I should tell them? I don't want to waste my time but I want this issue resolved.
Maybe mold in the AC/Heater blower housing? I have heard of this before.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
But its winter time here, I'm not using the a/c, never have.

The smell its prominent when the truck sits with no ventilation such as over night, coming back to it after errands etc.
Unfortunately, I have no idea where you are located, so you may want to add a signature with some truck information and update your profile with the area of the country you are located in. I am in a market where we still use our AC :)

19 North

Reaction score
When you use the defroster it cycles the ac compressor to help remove moisture. Could be moisture standing in evap box causing the smell.

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to figure out what to tell the stealership to allow them to easily figure it out and fix it. I have heard that their is a tsb on this but can't find it.

This is driving me nuts and it's embarrassing for a brand new truck with 3000kms on it

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have no idea where you are located, so you may want to add a signature with some truck information and update your profile with the area of the country you are located in. I am in a market where we still use our AC :)
I think he’s Canadian, uses km’s instead of miles.

RSZ

Reaction score
Have you tried ANY sort of trouble shooting on your own? Turn on the blower on high and switch to dash vents? Does the smell come out of the vents? Have you checked under all your seats? Front and back?

Do you eat in your truck? Have you spilled anything in it? Coffee with cream and sugar spilled in car will stink to high heaven.

Do you have children? Do they eat in the truck?

Has the interior been wet at any point in time to your knowledge? Have you checked under your floor mats? Wet carpets will stink.

My mother once brought her car to me saying her car stunk. Opened the door and sure enough something smelled rotten inside. Poking around found a rotten apple that had rolled under the seat who knows when.

If after some investigation you are unable to find the source of the offensive odor, take it to your dealer and tell them your truck stinks and you can't find the source of the problem.

YoutubeRealTimeReviews

Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm new on this forum, I'll try to figure out the whole signature thing, yes I'm Canadian, I'm in
Have you tried ANY sort of trouble shooting on your own? Turn on the blower on high and switch to dash vents? Does the smell come out of the vents? Have you checked under all your seats? Front and back?

The smell isn't coming from the dash vents. As stated the smell is only their when the truck is parked and their is no ventilation. Once the vents are on the smell seems to go away with circulation
Do you eat in your truck? Have you spilled anything in it? Coffee with cream and sugar spilled in car will stink to high heaven.

I never eat in the truck
Do you have children? Do they eat in the truck?

I do, but they never eat in my truck
Has the interior been wet at any point in time to your knowledge? Have you checked under your floor mats? Wet carpets will stink.

It's never been wet, I have also checked, the carpets are dry as a bone
My mother once brought her car to me saying her car stunk. Opened the door and sure enough something smelled rotten inside. Poking around found a rotten apple that had rolled under the seat who knows when
I have looked under everywhere and everything, nothing is in my truck

If after some investigation you are unable to find the source of the offensive order, take it to your dealer and tell them your truck stinks and you can't find the source of the problem.

I have emailed the dealer, they seem unsure of what to do and "haven't heard" of the issues with leaks with the new ram, I font want to waste my time or theirs if they "don't know what to do"

RSZ

Reaction score
I could, what would I be looking for, again this truck is brand new with 3000kms

I don't know? Mold? Dirt? Rotten leaves? Dead rodents?

Just throwing things out there.

Maybe someone on the assembly line left their ham sammich in your truck?

To have the odor you describe, you need a source of organic material or something is getting wet.

KSOTI

Reaction score
Pull up the carpet at the front passenger corner. Slide your hand under and check for dampness. Another dead give away is condensation on the bottom of your mats and foggy windows. Bottom line is you have moisture under your Carpet it will not dry on its own. The backing on the carpet prevents it from wicking through. I ran a BIG dehumidifier in mine for 2 days and the carpet was still wet on the back side. Dealership will replace under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/