5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer Rant

kbUSMC2012

Reaction score
National Dodge/Ram in Jacksonville, NC

Call this morning to make an appointment and they say “Sure, bring it on in.” I asked them what time. “Uhhh, the morning!” Ok buddy.

I show up and they act like they have no idea why I’m there. So I go through the same stuff as my phone call earlier (name, phone number, etc.) and they write it all down on a sticky note (not put it in a computer) and ask for my keys so I leave.

Not even an hour later I get a call from a tech saying “Hey, we’re taking a look at your truck, would you mind describing the problems you’re having?” I explain to him I need the adjustable brake pedal recall fixed and that there’s a pool of water underneath my drivers seat/floormat. He confirms and says alright, thanks.

I call around 3 and ask if the truck is going to be ready before they close, and after being on hold for 10 minutes the same tech that called me earlier picks up. I ask him when it will be ready, and he says they won’t even get a chance to look at it until tomorrow or Wednesday, and I “should have had an appointment”. Then I explain to him someone called earlier and said they were about to look at it and he bluntly says “Oh yeah, that was me.” Then why are you playing stupid with me? Asked about getting a loaner to get to work and back, and he says nope can’t give you a loaner. “But maybe if you made an appointment we could have gotten you one.”

National Dodge sucks. This isn’t the first bad experience I’ve had with them but definitely the worst.

TimG

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember dealing with them when I was stationed at Lejeune years ago...... Sounds like they haven't changed much. But, I can say with certainty that they are WAAAYYY better than Neuwirth in Wilmington. STAY AWAY FROM THERE AT ALL COSTS!!!

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Hillis Ram in Poplar Bluff, Mo

Supposed to be working on my rear brakes for the 4th time next Tuesday. Just got off the phone with them setting up the appt. and they actually just told me "You'll need to call us on Monday 4/29, to remind us we are supposed to work on it Tuesday". So now it's my responsibility to manage their appointments as well.
This will be the 4th service trip for the same problem "Rear brake noise", the clowns have tore this truck apart front and back brakes,calipers, etc three times and each trip takes HOURS.
On the second trip for this I had told them it's 100% the rear brakes, they put front pads on it and said give it another try.

Users who are viewing this thread