5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer quoted $658 to program the trailer TPMS sensors that should have come with my 2022 1500 EcoDiesel but didn’t

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Is there a way for a customer to pair RAM trailer TPMS sensors (Mopar Tire Pressure Sensor Kit 68516743AA 68516743AA) to a 2022 1500 Limited EcoDiesel?

Although I ordered my truck with the $1,095 towing package (see attached window sticker proving this) it arrived missing the trailer TPMS sensors, and I had to find them stocked on eBay for a whopping $430 to obtain a set of 8 (I have 5 trailer tires including the spare). The dealer then quoted me $658 to program/pair these to the truck, which seems like a dishonest price for what I imagine must be 20-45 minutes of labor (especially considering the truck should have come with at least 4 sensors already). Does anyone know if there is a way for a customer to pair the trailer TPMS sensors to the truck themselves?

Attachments

• 2022 RAM 1500 Limited Window Sticker.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 11

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Is there a way for a customer to pair RAM trailer TPMS sensors (Mopar Tire Pressure Sensor Kit 68516743AA 68516743AA) to a 2022 1500 Limited EcoDiesel?

Although I ordered my truck with the $1,095 towing package (see attached window sticker proving this) it arrived missing the trailer TPMS sensors, and I had to find them stocked on eBay for a whopping $430 to obtain a set of 8 (I have 5 trailer tires including the spare). The dealer then quoted me $658 to program/pair these to the truck, which seems like a dishonest price for what I imagine must be 20-45 minutes of labor (especially considering the truck should have come with at least 4 sensors already). Does anyone know if there is a way for a customer to pair the trailer TPMS sensors to the truck themselves?
You should be able to do it through UConnect.

KCURTMAR91

Reaction score
seems to me if 'it arrived missing' them you should get them .. why won't the dealer give you what was purchased?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I would have not stopped until the dealer did what the build sheet and window sticker said was supposed to be on my truck!

contact ram cares to see if they can help.

Reaction score
You should be able to do it through UConnect.
I have never see a menu option within U Connect 5 to do that. Perhaps the option will show up once I hook up the trailer for the first time? The trailer arrives next week. Even when I rented a U Haul trailer a few months ago, I don’t recall seeing any sort of TPMS trailer sensor pairing menu appearing.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have never see a menu option within U Connect 5 to do that. Perhaps the option will show up once I hook up the trailer for the first time? The trailer arrives next week. Even when I rented a U Haul trailer a few months ago, I don’t recall seeing any sort of TPMS trailer sensor pairing menu appearing.

I have the tow package too and all these screens are in my UConnect, but I've not set up my sensors yet.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like @Jimmy07 got you squared away on the programming, but Ram/dealer should have made you whole on the tpms sensors. No reason why you should spend your own money to get them. If it is a lack of stock issue they could have written you a "We owe" on the sales paperwork to make sure you got them.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I read
Although I ordered my truck with the $1,095 towing package (see attached window sticker proving this) it arrived missing the trailer TPMS sensors, and I had to find them stocked on eBay for a whopping $430 to obtain a set of 8 (I have 5 trailer tires including the spare).
And then stopped as something doesn't add up.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you don't have the option to program trailer pressure sensors, then you don't have TTPMS. Under trailer settings in uconnect you will see tire pressures as an option.

fishingmaniac

Reaction score
Look under the trailer on the evic. There should be sub menus that show trailer tpms and setup. If its not there your truck doesn't have it. If it does take your trailer to a tire shop have them install the sensors. Then follow the setup procedure in your evic or your owners manual. I did mine in my driveway. I did my boat and my equipment hauler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/