5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dealer mode for 8.4 uConnect 4 non-nav (not 4C)?

Rick8325

Reaction score
Tried searching but all I can find is the 4C instructions. Anyone figure this out? Trying to get my software version and calling uConnect was no help. I have a feeling there is an update but the website says up to date. Pressing the bottom left and right screen icon/buttons at the same time doesn't work like the 8.4 4C uConnect. This radio sucks and is way different than the 8.4 4C. No HD radio and no screen projection option in the settings. At least it has CarPlay...when it wants to work. Not much for settings at all. I couldn't even "soft" reset the radio per uConnect's instructions on the phone.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure this out myself. If anybody has this info I'd love to know!

Rick8325

Reaction score
If it is a 4C radio; I wish someone would tell me where my NAV went. This is the radio in my Laramie; it is a Uconnect 4 with 8.4" display (no NAV).
That sequence to enter dealer mode does not work on mine. I've tried it 100 times. You bought a Laramie with a crap radio?

fotomatt1

Reaction score
That sequence to enter dealer mode does not work on mine. I've tried it 100 times. You bought a Laramie with a crap radio?

I have a Uconnect 4 non-nav in a Laramie and also cannot get this to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conch007

Reaction score
No FCA is screwing its customers a larimee used to be top of the line now it’s basically a suped up slt. They screwed everyone who purchased a truck with an 8.4 by not allowing them to upgrade to factory nav

fotomatt1

Reaction score
No FCA is screwing its customers a larimee used to be top of the line now it’s basically a suped up slt. They screwed everyone who purchased a truck with an 8.4 by not allowing them to upgrade to factory nav

The Nav doesn’t bother me...I purchased a vehicle without nav as I only use Waze or Google Maps anyway, so CarPlay was all I wanted. I wasn’t aware that I’d lose the ability to remote start with the app, no HD radio, etc. that is what I’m arguing with FCA about. They’re saying the dealer just didn’t tell me, but the dealer honestly didn’t know and it took them by surprise as all 2018’s had these items in non-nav. Plus the Uconnect 4 is supposed to have HD radio according to documentation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ickabod

Reaction score
Yeah, the dealer mode does NOT work on my laramie either. I have tried 1000 times,but nothing...

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Has anybody figured this out yet? From what I can tell, you can only tell what SW version it has when you insert a thumb drive with a firmware update on it. It doesn't look like the non-nav version has a dealer mode.

moonfire

Reaction score
From what I've been reading, it looks like a software update will allow you to get into the dealer mode like in the video posted above - pressing the radio and setting buttons together for about 7 seconds. If you're on an older software version, you're out of luck without taking it to the dealership to find out. I just ran into a problem with my screen showing vertical lines and nothing else showing up or working until after a cold startup. This service bulletin looks to be what I need and I'll let you guys know if a software upgrade will allow me to see the dealer mode, because right now it does not on my 8.4 non-nav uconnect system. http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_0800319b.pdf

moonfire

Reaction score
Dealer performed a radio update today which put me on version 1848.24 which is the same as in the service bulletin I linked to. They also printed a small portion of the TSB with the likely symptoms customers would see before the update and the TSB was the same number but REV C. I can now access the dealer mode by pressing the bottom left (radio) and bottom right (settings) buttons at the same time for about 7 seconds. Previous to the update, I could not get into dealer mode at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/